Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Segment Floors

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2005 20:41
This is probably a question for someone working making new segments like myself? or perhaps someone from TGC?

I am making my own room segments with differing textures for inside room walls and external faces of the segment walls.

Anyone know how to change the texture on a floor so that the upper and lower surfaces i.e. floor and ceiling show different textures? by deafult as you know - the floor of one room and the ceiling are one and the same - the ceiling being the floor of the room above which is not much use if you have red carpet on a floor and dont want that on your ceiling too is it?

I can get a workaround by cheating which takes up more memory and want to avoid this. What is needed is a way to have a default floor/ceiling (single segment) with differing textures on either side of its floor/ceiling faces - yes?

Anyone done this? I have tried setting the 4 floor texture settings to indicate differing textures but this does not seem to work - at least it does not seem to show up in the level despit deleteing the .dbo and .bin files consistently while testing.

Any help or sugestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 21:09
OK I got a solution to this problem so its no longer an issue for me.

Thanks anyway
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2005 21:51
@uman

could you not share your workaround with us?

cheers
M
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2005 02:49
You need to look at my "Segment Floors" post in "Feature Creep".

In short to have a different texture on either side of a floor/ceiling segment you need to create a dual texture skin for the floor/ceiling segment .x file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 14:07:54
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 14:07:54