Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / NGC 2.03 and matrix in DBC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to use a matrix for the ground ( cos its easier to mould my matrix with a scanned image on it than trying to make an .x file ) but I want to collide with my .x objects but I cant seem to get it work when using GET GROUND HEIGHT, it just stays at the same level, I have turned SETOBJGRAVITYPRO off
can someone help?
Rabies
Years of Service
User Offline
The best way to get performance with a matrix would be to pass the matrix information in as mesh information to the DLL and hotwire the NGC include file so it thinks that a dummy object (a sphere or something) is the matrix object. Then when you move the dummy object around (with your matrix) you will get moving collision. You could also leave the object sill if you do not wish to move the matrix.

That said, you will need to do some custom work on the NGC include file to get it to work properly.

TTYL

Even if you fall on your face your still moving forward.
bibz1st
Years of Service
User Offline
So youre basically saying that a matrix and NGC is a not a good idea without some major work?
bear in mindI dont want to use NGC to recognise collisions with the ground, just other objects

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:16:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:16:53