Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Possible Bugs and issues.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Well the first bug i found with gold bricks, probably occurs with other stacked objects. But if u shoot a brick say , in the middle of a stack (thus causing it to get pushed out of the stack). The remaining stack above it stays exactly were it was. It should fall. To get technical, it should topple over. I assume this is fixed when the physics engine will be in place?

2) The second bug is that there is a major memory leak in fps creator. I left it open over night, then the next day i went to work, still leaving it open. When I arrived home, FPS creator was non responsive and my system had a message about low memory, for those techs out there (like me) its the one thats says "your system is low in resources, would you like to close XXXXXX" Anyway I am a PC technician and I keep my system clean, I also have 1GB Ram. So there is definetly an issue here.

3) Speed is a major issue. I just use the demo, but to compile even a small level takes way to long, if this is any indication of how compiled exe's will take to load stuff, this is unacceptable. Slower than doom 3. Also after exiting the test level its leterally 40seconds-2 minutes before i get back to the map, and during that time, other open windows (for the most part gaim, ie) are unresponsive.

4) Also FPS is extremely low. I think its says 32fps. I get 28 on doom 3 with unltra settings (which requires a 512MB video card , which mine is only 256). At high settings, not ultra, I get 65fps. Is this a setting somewhere? or is it just slow?
Vulcan Omega
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2005 19:35
I can probably answer question 4 in saying that FPSC is frame locked.
And as such you won't see higher fps, probably no more than say 35.

Vulcan Omega is closer than you think !
http://www.vulcan-omega.co.uk/
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 06:55
Reply to no.2:

Leave XP open for a month, and check the memory usage of some of the system processes (csrss.exe, etc.) :p

How's my typing? Phone 0800-GO-TO-HELL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:53:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:53:26