Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / E-Delivery time frame?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi-

I'm wondering how long it usually takes for DBS to "deliver" the download-only stuff they offer through PayPal. I was badly surprised the other day when I stupidly opted for the PayPal payment method instead of ShareIt...because after I paid, there was just no information whatsoever on what I'm supposed to do after they've run off with my money, hehe.

ShareIt, on the other hand, seems to actually offer an immediate download after purchasing. So I'm a bit annoyed with the whole matter. Oh well...anyone here have firsthand experience with ordering DBS products through PayPal?

-Misanthrope
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2003 17:59
Yeah share it have the files on their server, unlike paypal

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
Yoiks. I guess I'm pretty well screwed unless I fork over another $20 and go the ShareIt route.

Seriously, those guys have got to put some sort of caveat on their order page that clarifies the differences between ShareIt and PayPal. I was really hoping to download the Enhancement Pack immediately after paying for it.

Oh well. I'll just wait a couple more days and see if they get back to me about it.

-Misanthrope
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2003 18:36
Hey - are you the one who's email address is buggered? The one with a @netzero.com email address? because some ordered through PayPal and I sent out the information to them and it bounced right back:

If that's you - email me (rich@darkbasic.com) from an account I can reply to please and I'll sort it!

Yes PayPal orders don't get their files in realtime, but it's typically only an hour or so's wait (probably less) if we're all working when the order arrives (which it did).

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep, Rich....that's me. Netzero's been buggering around with my email a lot as of late. I'm thinking of changing ISPs since their motto seems to be "Half the price of AOL, half the features of everyone else, and twice the hassle!"

I did get an email just a few minutes ago from Rick Vanner from what I assume is a personal email account (i.e., not rick@darkbasic.com), so at least that worked. I don't have any other email addresses handy though...

-Misanthrope
Misanthrope
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I sent an email from a new address to ya, Rich. Here's hoping it works.

-Misanthrope

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 04:50:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 04:50:31