Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / mysql query question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 07:18 Edited at: 21st Apr 2005 08:58
Did a search for mysql.dll and didn't find anything pertaining to my question so here it is.

I've got the mysql.dll from bouncy brick (bloody marvelous!) and have it inserting and deleting data like a champ. What I can't do though is query the table using the nickname as an identifier and retrieve location, and last login time associated with that nickname. Then use the retrieved information in the program.

Is it possible to have the server put the contents of a table or row into a file (.ini) and the download and parse the file? or would that be harder then the above? Sorry, I know nothing of php/mysql so I'm going by what little I've learned off the net in the past couple of days.

the table is setup quite easily. table name is users, colum #1 is nickname, colum #2 is location, and colum #3 is log_time. I just can't find any commands list for the mysql.dll or how the commands are used.
[Edit] kid of like this:
+-------------+---------+------------+
|nickname | location | log_time |
|__Phrozin_|zone 2 | 17:53:26 |
|unknown__|zone 5 | 02:35:12 |
[/edit]
If anyone could help out it would be greatly appreciated.
Joe
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 18:28
Quote: "I've got the mysql.dll from bouncy brick (bloody marvelous!)"

Arent't I just !

Afraid I cant help with the PHP, its not something that interests me - hopefully someone else can help.

Phrozin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 09:23
'Tis ok! I got it working just this very moment. Now I have to solve another problem not at all related to this.

Joe a.k.a. Phrozin

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:56:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:56:08