Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Remote objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 08:39
Is there a way to make and entity open a door after you pick it up? i was just wondering because i thought it woulde be cool to have the level loop back around to the starting but going through the level you have to find a objetc and then it opens a door to the win spot. i was just wondering and if there is'nt then could some one make a script that does? or is that not possible. pls post back

Thanks,
alien

Politics:
Poly= Many
Ticks= blood sucking parasites
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 11:18
OK guys i found it out! If you use a ,say, control room door (use) select the entity tab in the bottom left hand corner of your screen and run your mouse over the object and right click on the object. it should zoom into the object (becarefull not to press the directional controls or you'll move the entity around ) and on the left hand panel (were you usualy select your objects) it should list some options. select the 'use key' option and type in the name of the item your wish to have open the door wethar its a mission item, a key, ect... and thats how you do it.

Politics:
Poly= Many
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 11:25
ok so maybe i should test my work before i tell it..... I guess it does'nt work. I am still testing so stay tuned for the true answer.

Politics:
Poly= Many
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 11:29
i am going to try to use a 'control room door (remote)' and make it so u have to get the object before u can use the remote on the wall.

Politics:
Poly= Many
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2005 11:43
Question: Do these posts count as spam?

Politics:
Poly= Many
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 03:02 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2005 03:03
OK this is'nt working........pls post your ideas
(i'm lost)

edit: ok i hope you guys know that that remote idea did'nt work(if you hav'nt figured that out yet)

Politics:
Poly= Many
ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 04:35 Edited at: 2nd May 2005 01:01
If you want that the door opens immediately if you pick up the item use a normal Remote Door and give it a new name like "mydoor".

Then you have to make a little change in the "pickup" script.
Add the fat text to the code:

:state=0:hudreset,hudx=50,hudy=90,hudimagefine=gamecore\text\pickedupanitem.tga,hudname=itemprompt,hudhide=1,hudmake=display,state=10
:state=10,plrdistwithin=40:state=1,activateifused=1,playertake,coloff,plrsound=audiobank\misc\ping.wav,hudshow=itemprompt,hudfadeout=itemprompt
:state=1:rundecal=5

Save this script with a new name, attach it to your entity and tipe the name of the Remote Door (mydoor) in the "If Used" Field of the Entity.

Then the door should open immediately if you pick up the entity.

A other way would be to use the entity like a Key for a Switch that opens a Remote Door if you have the Entity.

For that you have to make a Remote Door again and give it a new name (mydoor02).

Add your entity to the level and make sure that the default "pickup1.fpi" is attached to the entity.
Important: Give the entity a new name (myitem).

Add your switch to the level and attach this changed "switch" script to it:

Finally you have to tipe the name of the door (mydoor02) in the "IF Used" field of the switch and the name of the entity (myitem) in the "Use Key" field of the switch.

I have tried both versions and it worked for me.
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2005 12:04 Edited at: 26th Apr 2005 12:05
Is there a way for me to understand that?
I dont know how to make AI scripts.....

Politics:
Poly= Many
ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
Use the Windows Editor, Wordpad or a other texteditor and save the text as a fpi file to make a AI script.

If you type "scriptname" in the field for the filename you will only get a textfile.
Type "scriptname.fpi", klick "save" and you will get a fpi script.

I hope that answers your question.
Swivel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2005 07:26
COOL! Thanks

Alien-ite is now swivel Games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 14:14:38
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 14:14:38