Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Cloth dll, too much of a challange?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 07:01
I've been working on my fighter Seiken Steel for quite some time already.. and even though I'm not quite at the point where a cloth simulator is needed.. I've already started to think about it.
I'm looking for ideas on how this can be done effectivly.. I do have the Cloth and Particle addon for DBpro.. but the cloth features there are quite limited. I'm also thinking about hair in this case.

But I'm sure a lot of you people out there know a lot about programming physics.. and I might be asking a lot when asking about the theory behind something like cloth and hair (not rendiering hair.. just moving hair like clothes in this case as well)

Anyway, share your ideas and knowlage

thanks

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2005 18:01
Interesting!

It's going to be difficult. But my approach would be to glue limbs to the head (hidden), and then attach the cloth to them in many places. The help files explain how to work out the nodes.

I would also make sure the head already has hair painted on. Then, if the cloth falls inside the head, you still see hair.

Messing around with elasticity will help you get a good effect. If I'm right, the hair should move when he does, and settle down when he stops.

BatVink
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2005 03:50
Someone had a demo of hair last year, but I can't seem to find it now. It was pretty good, too, as I remember. Anybody know where to find it?

-JerBil

Ad Astra Per Asper

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:21:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:21:04