Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Extreme Framerate Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
On my game (it's sent to low texture and quick lightmapping) the framerate is 0 during the game. Does anybody know how to help lower this. (Any Tips and Tricks?) Also I sometimes have 100k polygons in a scene and I'd like to know how to reduce that to.

Thanks!

My-Free-Coupons.com
CardineHosting.com
Coldnews
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2005 22:38
I used to have that problem. I'm afraid that its merely down to cleaning the crap off your computer, and upgrading graphics card and memory really. turn off the debug visuals too. I highly recommend at least a 128Mb graphics card. I upgraded to a 128Mb Radeon 9700 and FPSC runs like a dream, with no problems whatsoever (as far as I can see!).
What system are you using?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 02:12 Edited at: 30th Apr 2005 02:18
You can get a 0 FPS and level lock up on any system. I have a massive system with little crap for its size and capability and it has happened to me due to the Lagg or memory leak bugs.

Quarentine the offending tile(s) i.e. redesigning the level so you cant access that part (tiles) of the level removes the problem.

Having said that - If FPSC is telling the truth anyone who has got 100k ploys in view would certainly have a problem. For whatever reason 50k is the recommended limit though I have well over 60k which is too many for FPSC. The Lagg bug though is nothing to do with the real number of polys as FPSC tells Porky Pies and gets a little confused as to the polys in view from one tile to another.

As far as I can ascertain and I dont know whether it should do so, in many locations - it reads all the polys even through walls (even if you are tight faced to a wall touching it so you cant see anything else) and around corners.

For sure you cant have too powerful or a too efficiently running a system for using FPSC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 14:05:48
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 14:05:48