Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / paintball?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2005 07:55
is it anywhere near possible to make a paintball game out of fps creator?
Warfare Unlimited
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2005 21:30
Yes, we are building one at the moment as a way of testing FPSCreator. It will be a free release onc we have it done.

Quite a bit of tweaking everything down to paintball levels and working around some of the limitations in the engine but it can be done. Small outdoor/terrain limitations and lack of multiple texture support are the main issues to this point.

Uhu Berserker
Warfare Unlimited R&D
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2005 02:40
Cool a paint ball game! I was gonna make one but i don't have a gun model. I love to paintball!
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 04:08
I look forward to playing your game. I could put a link for people to download it on my site.

What kind of guns will you be able to have?
shado
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2005 17:12 Edited at: 15th May 2005 17:13
i have sum guns made. pics - http://photobucket.com/albums/v612/HIethan592/
tell me what format u want them in if u want them

[edit]
also have tanks and hoppers

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 03:01
Wow. Those models are nice. Those bunkers to. I wanted to make an online paintball game.
shado
Years of Service
User Offline
i will make a paintball game. eventually
i have 2 games i want to make, gotta decide which to do and what engine

Warfare Unlimited
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2005 22:22
Merranvo,
We need the multiple texture support the same as we need more script command info or functions added! As you know, once you wander past the built in scripts and entities, you start seeing built in restrictions in FPSCreator.

Multiple texture support is one of the main features of the X format and was intended to allow expansion and detail not possible in single texture formats. Why settle for a subset of it?

MaddA,
We will post a link for it on our sites once its complete and you are welcome to link to it. Also you will be able to find models in multiple formats and high/low/med poly counts shortly on the sites. Tippmanns, Spyders for sure, others as we find time to model them. We play mainly scenario stuff so expect to see alot of modeled gear for that in the game.

Uhu Berserker
Warfare Unlimited R&D
gothboy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 10:44
power to pballing!

http://liquidxsoftware.com
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 14:26
I'm with ya!!!!!!!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2005 01:55
how would you get the pball marks on impact? Which brings me to the point, Lee, we need to be able to have visible bulletts, so we can have lazers.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 01:19
you guys should also consider making an Airsoft game, you could use all the alot of the same guns, just edit the bullets to be BB's.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 03:20
Mmm, airsoft isnt that fun, pbing is WAY better.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 03:50
WAY better!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 04:01
WWWWAAAAAAYYYYYY better

Warfare Unlimited
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 07:09
Edit the DDS files for the rounds impact to show paint vs a bullet hole, fairly easy with a paint program that does DDS format. Also don't forget the paintball grenades/launchers, explosion DDS files for those. Blue seems to show up nicely on most textures included with FPSC.

Warfare Unlimited R&D
"das Schwert tragen"
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 10:59
oh duh!!

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 23:29
A paintball game, intresting. It shouldn't be really hard to do either. But I advice anyone who's making a Paintball game to remove the blood-splatter effect. Otherwise, it will look kinda silly.

And, people, please don't spam the threads with silly comments like; "OMG, paintball roxxz!!!", it really makes the forum look bad.

Three things to look forward to:
The day I get my "Leisure Suit Larry's Ultimate Pleasure Pack", The day FPSC v 1 is released, Wheels & Wings on Saturday
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 05:46
I like airsoft better because:

1) You have relistic looking weapons.
2) You can do re-enactments better.
3) You use better tactics.
4) It's cheaper because you don't have to buy the paintballs (you get cheap BB's) and you don't need that pricey gas stuff.
5) You don't get all the "Pain" thats packed into "Paintball".
6) You can play for days at a time without runnin' out of cash.

Yup, I guess thats it, of course, I could come up with so much more if I thought about it... like:

7) Theres huge teams of hundreds of people that go out for days and wage Airsoft Wars, very cool!
8) Weapons are somtimes alot cheaper.
9) some weapons can shoot thousands of bullets without running out of bullets (look at the M-60 models).
10) Because you can get great deals at Realistic Toy Guns.com (www.realistictoyguns.com).

And there you have it, my top ten list!

Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 06:26 Edited at: 25th Jul 2005 06:27
The "pain" aspect is part of why people play PB. That and the paint marks left add to the realism. I personally don't care about realistic weapons as much as realistic combat.

Breaking Stuff=Fun!,Bug Testing<>Fun!, Bug Testing=Breaking Stuff, so...
Bug Testing=Fun! Hmmmm....
DOES NOT COMPUTE! SYSTEM MALFUNTION!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 06:28
in real combat, if you get shot you die...

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 07:35
Yea, thats true. But skrew dieing, I wana get midevil on there asses!!

That can be taken in two ways:

Killing, and- nevermind.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 08:02
"nevermind"

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 10:10
Well I was gonna say we should stop this nonsence but Sunflash got me mad. So heres what I THINK.>

Well since I have 12, yes count them, 12 airsoft guns.
here's a list guys:
a gass Glock 23 (310 fps)
an AEG MP5 A4 full metal(shoots 320fps! Yes sunflash there is a pain aspect to airsof too considering you can update my mp5 to shoot up to 450 fps)
a full scale spring M16 a1
a hardball spring shotgun
a spring smith and wesson pistol
a spring Glock 17(pistol)
a spring Tuarus(pistol)
3 mini electic M16s(one is black other 2 clear)
a mini electric Mp5
a mini electric AK 47

Right now I can't believe I've bought all of this crap. Its like over 1,000 bucks work of stuff! I want to say there is pain in both sports. Weather or not you think there isn't, there is. BBs cost about the same price as paint. Gas is only $2.49 to fill a 20 oz. tank at my local paintball dealer. It is true that bbs are sometime cheaper than paint by like 4 or 5 bucks. But guns. They tend to be more expensive. Almost all M60s cost over $1,500! Ohh yah I know that M60 can hold 2,000 rounds in that box mag. A paintball gun generally holds around 200 rnds. But there a nice little invention called pods! You also use tactics in paintball. Who cares about re-enacting with airsoft. If you want to though, you can buy the Tippman M16 mods. You know police men train with paintball. Painball is way more famous than airsoft. There is history behind painball. Did you know the first paintball gun was used to mark trees, instead of little marker signs.

I Think paintball is a lot more fun and adrinaline rushing than airsoft. I can only say this cus I have particapated in both sports and know what they are like.

If you get a change, go out and play some paintball. Hope you like it better than airsoft.

I may post a pic of all my guns later.

Thanks for reading this guys.
Tell me what you think,
DA ChieF

Stupid stick naukamoo
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 10:14
I forgot to metion I have a Spyder TL-X with a 14 inch progressive barrel and a Evolution 2 hopper. Gonna get a Spyder Pilot soon.

Stupid stick naukamoo
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 13:21
NICE!! I'm working on my colection.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 14:06
Airsoft or Paintball?

Stupid stick naukamoo
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 14:21
Air soft.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 13:45
Quote: "Well I was gonna say we should stop this nonsence but Sunflash got me mad. So heres what I THINK.>

Well since I have 12, yes count them, 12 airsoft guns.
here's a list guys:
a gass Glock 23 (310 fps)
an AEG MP5 A4 full metal(shoots 320fps! Yes sunflash there is a pain aspect to airsof too considering you can update my mp5 to shoot up to 450 fps)
a full scale spring M16 a1
a hardball spring shotgun
a spring smith and wesson pistol
a spring Glock 17(pistol)
a spring Tuarus(pistol)
3 mini electic M16s(one is black other 2 clear)
a mini electric Mp5
a mini electric AK 47

Right now I can't believe I've bought all of this crap. Its like over 1,000 bucks work of stuff! I want to say there is pain in both sports. Weather or not you think there isn't, there is. BBs cost about the same price as paint. Gas is only $2.49 to fill a 20 oz. tank at my local paintball dealer. It is true that bbs are sometime cheaper than paint by like 4 or 5 bucks. But guns. They tend to be more expensive. Almost all M60s cost over $1,500! Ohh yah I know that M60 can hold 2,000 rounds in that box mag. A paintball gun generally holds around 200 rnds. But there a nice little invention called pods! You also use tactics in paintball. Who cares about re-enacting with airsoft. If you want to though, you can buy the Tippman M16 mods. You know police men train with paintball. Painball is way more famous than airsoft. There is history behind painball. Did you know the first paintball gun was used to mark trees, instead of little marker signs.

I Think paintball is a lot more fun and adrinaline rushing than airsoft. I can only say this cus I have particapated in both sports and know what they are like.

If you get a change, go out and play some paintball. Hope you like it better than airsoft.

I may post a pic of all my guns later.

Thanks for reading this guys.
Tell me what you think,
DA ChieF
"

Wow, you got "mad"? why? If you read my post then you would have read this: "I like airsoft better because:"

In other words, I wasn't refering to you, I was talking about myself. If you got mad at that, then you must be REALLY touchy.
I must say tho, thats a good amount of weapons, why did you get so many? Did you break them? tsk tsk tsk, no responsibility. Thats probably why you quit airsoft, you weren't responsible, that and you probably got kicked out of so many skirmishes, and thats why you only go to places where people can actually "see" when you got shot, not like Airsoft, only the really honest people join Airsoft... or big cheaters. Paintballs are NOT the same price as BB's, if they are for you then your getting one huge rip off!
and M-60 are not $1500, unless yet again someone is ripping you off, the most expensive M-60 I have ever seen was $1200 thats a good $300 less incase you didn't know! You also don't seem to know that if you find a good M-60 model, it should be able to hold like 5000 rouunds, not 2000.
The Tippman M-16 models you say? Arn't those the ones that are like $530? Airsoft M16 A2 are likw, $300! Almost half price!

Quote: "Who cares about re-enacting with airsoft"

Again, I said at the start of my first post: "I like airsoft better because:" I didn't say "you should like airsoft better because" or "the world likes airsoft better because" I simply said I did.

Quote: "There is history behind painball. Did you know the first paintball gun was used to mark trees, instead of little marker signs."

of course theres history behind and may I qoute "painball". Theres history behind everything! But thats sort of a funny thought, you guys are running around with tree markers!?!

yes, your right, this argument is just a load of stupid nonsense, I don't know why I posted this, bordom I guess, that and tiredness.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 14:32 Edited at: 28th Jul 2005 03:45
int Main() {
int FlameBait=1;
int RUN;

if (FlameBait == 1) {
RUN = 1;
}
}

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 00:57
I like this...plain nonsensence. I wasn't mad, I just had nothing else to do . Actually I only Broke three guns not listed. A desert eagal(I took apart and broke), Mini electric uzi(Tried modding it) and a sig suar p228. My stupid friend broke that one! Ohh yess. I never said I quit airsoft, did I. I just said I like paintball better.

Quote: "and M-60 are not $1500, unless yet again someone is ripping you off, the most expensive M-60 I have ever seen was $1200 thats a good $300 less incase you didn't know! You also don't seem to know that if you find a good M-60 model, it should be able to hold like 5000 rouunds, not 2000.
"
I dont think Thats much of a price differance, But then again, I dont know why anyone would get sutch an expensive gun when you could get a nice full metal Classic Army M4 with RIS. Theres differant size mags.

Quote: "of course theres history behind and may I qoute "painball". Theres history behind everything! But thats sort of a funny thought, you guys are running around with tree markers!?! "

LOL! Did you know airsoft is used in like japan and tokyo for self defense weapons cus real guns aren't allowed? But by history of painball, I meant its been around longer.

Quote: "Paintballs are NOT the same price as BB's, if they are for you then your getting one huge rip off!"

I said for .20 or .25 gram. What kind do you use?

I not that touchie, I just have nothing to do. I HATE people that cheat in games like air soft and pb. They are so stupid, think they own the place. I DO NOT CHEAT.

As for a overall review, I say both sports even out to *about* the same price. I still like painball better though, but that is just my opinion.

This is wierd, huh.

Hope you agree,
DA ChieF
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 03:57
if(different.opinions = true) {
Discussion.On = true;
}

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 04:55
what? eh?
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 01:04
lol, yeah, I totally agree with you MaddA CheiF, besides, I'm awake now.

I ussually use .12 bb's, but they stink, they're the only kind I can find these days. But soon I'll go on a saffari and hunt down some .25 and if I'm REALLY lucky, I'll find some .30 lol... cheap ones that is. But first I need to replenish my supply of Camo, either they're weay to small, or way too big.

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="discusion">

if(different.opinions = true) {
Discussion.On = true;
}

var error = alert("argument relit, stand back");

else(error) {
Discusion.on = false;
}

</SCRIPT>

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 03:49
Man, I just realized, I am NERDING... NOOOO...

I am creating scripts to discribe situations, someone help me...

P.S. isn't it suppose to be "==" for a condition?

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 23:33
lol, welcome to the club, it's quite fun if you get REALLY infected, you'l be walking in the woods and a bear comes out, and you instantly yell "Not a pixel closer!!" and when it gets closer you scream at it "Control Alt Delete, Task Manager, End Task!!!" then the bear falls down dead. Hmmm, I wish that would work with siblings.

It's funny, me and my older sister are both infected with nerdness, we'll be walking around, and if somones rude to us, hah! we just start mumbling all this stuff about getting into: Start + Run, then we type CMD, then gett into DOS, now we type IPconfig, and viola! We have their IP address, but by that time the victim(s) are totally weirded out so they leave. yes, Geekyness rules!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:26
Here here!!

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:43 Edited at: 5th Aug 2005 04:32
int main() {
int NERDING;
NERDING=1;
if (NERDING==1) {
do{
cout << "HELP ME!!! ";
}while (NERDING==1);
}
}

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 18:54
lol, no Merrenvo, Nerdism/Geekism is going to conqour the world! JOin us and help us make Lee join, then we'll counqour the universe! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 09:12
this thread has gone OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE FORCE LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 22:08
well heres what my mp5 looks like

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 22:10
again fullyloded

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 19:07
Oh no, I've started a flood of code-conversations!

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
doozle
Years of Service
User Offline
I've only been paintball once (saving up to go again) and I prefere it much more to air soft, The pain and possible fear adds to the adrenalin.

Signature pending.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 03:48
Yes your right. Paintball is better. And pain does add to the fact that you dont really prefer to get hit thus making your adrinaline go up. I'm going this thursday!

"You don't know the power of the anti-mod squad, Lee"
-MaddA ChieF
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 22:23
I want to go to an indoor SWAT team-like place 2 hours away from my house (it's all totally Airsoft) It sounds sooo fun!

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 08:04
Woah. That would be cool! My MP5 would is the perfect SWAT weapon. cool.

"You don't know the power of the anti-mod squad, Lee"
-MaddA ChieF
shado
Years of Service
User Offline
heh my gun... http://www.paintballsportz.co.nz/Image1/Karnivor%20Pro%20Edition%20Marker.jpg
and my in progress dbp game
http://www.pbx.gwgaming.net

Adrenaline at 300 feet per second!
Team Galekus Modeller
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 20:28
Now THAT is a nice marker!

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2005 21:11
Quote: "I want to go to an indoor SWAT team-like place 2 hours away from my house (it's all totally Airsoft) It sounds sooo fun!"

Yeah, there's a place right near me too that offers something like that.. you guys can take a look at their website if you want...

http://www.xtreme-tactics.com

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.1Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:11:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:11:32