Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Install Shield and TrueSpace for Free in the UK! :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2003 23:04
Oki so there have been recent posts asking about an installer creator and also modelling programs on these forums.

On PCPlus' DVD this month there are FREE FULL copies of:

InstallShield Express 3.5 - worth around £250 AND
Truespace 3 - worth around £300

That should se y'all nicely - and theres also some cool free XML tools and FTP software, along with Opus 6 FULL and AnswerTool (useful ) FULL too!
http://www.myminehead.com/mylogo.gif[/img]
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 00:11
Can't stand Truespace 3...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 00:57
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for that in the shops. I tried Truespace 1 ages ago and didn't really like it but maybe it's worth trying again. And the installer would be handy to have too.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 01:15
I've never used Truespace 3 but I know Raven likes the Truespace series and he's certainly a good modeller
Obviously if you want a newer version, its much cheaper to upgrade than buy a new version anyway

I really love the Install Sheild program tho I just fiddled around with it for an hour or so, its excellent and it offers you a lot of cool options

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 04:27
problem i think most people have with the trueSpace series is they come into it thinking that everything should be like the other programs they've seen, like menus for the functions ... edit details in veiw ... and its to be a truely serious modelling program.

Quite frankly anyone who feels they have to take modelling within trueSpace anything other than just fun is crazy.
I mean i first used it wasn't with the idea to make fantastic game models, i used it with the notion of just letting loose and having fun - after a month kinda just learnt more and more about keeping polycounts down in it, texturing faces etc... and found it was useful for making models - but even still i don't look at it as a serious modeller for developing games, just the skills you can go on and use later on.

Plus it has the most outstanding Animation Engine

if you need something serious then grab Lightwave or 3DSMax ... be bored out of your skull whilst learning new techniques and such. trueSpace is fun, kinda like finger painting with your kids (you don't wanna admit it but you enjoy it just as much as they do )

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 05:07
ts3e has been free on the net for a few years now.

is this the full version3?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 06:01
i presume so ... i never liked 3SE, too limited

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 14:58
Yes its Truespace 3 FULL
Install Shield is Version 3.5, not the current 4, but it has all the functions I''l ever need

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 17:44
there wasn't a large change between 3.x and 4.x lol
if you wanna try to figure it out then download the trail of 4.3 (i think thats the latest)

i still think its amusing that with the WindowsSDK they package Windows Installer ... which is a special Windows Only version of InstallSheild Express - completely full, just in source code. Took me around 2days to get the 1.8Gb Windows Core SDK - was well worth it though for the exhanced build environments and Windows enhancement libraries.
As soon as i learn to use them all properly be even more worth it

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 17:57
1) I got TS 3 SE free with a magazine 2 years ago

2) Opus 6? The latest version is Illuminatus 5 v2002b which is Opus. I just hope we're talking about the same Opus here!

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url]
You are the th person to view this signature.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 18:03
Can't compare trueSpace 3SE (which was the free release), and trueSpace 3 ... they took out so many features and tools within SE i found the only reason i ever bothered using it was to export to VRML

UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 18:48
i just got pc plus but truespace 3 isn't in there

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 19:15
Its on the DVD #2000 March 2003 issue

As Raven said TS3SE had many features removed - 3 is far better

Iluminatus DID used to be called Opus - sorry 4 any confusion - Its Opus Directory on PCPlus - a "powerful file organiser with support for ftp, zip and shildeshows" (Although I got Illuminatus 4 a while ago it was pretty good )

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 20:19
Actually, Opus used to be called Illuminatus. It was Illuminatus 1 - 4.5, Opus was v5.

I have Opus Pro - very easy to use and it even has scripting! A decent 2D alternative to DB!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 20:57
Directory Opus (which is what's on the PC Plus magazine) has always been called Directory Opus and originally came out on the Amiga (version still available from their website). I've had it installed on my PC for a while now having bought it from them ages ago and recently upgraded to the 6.2 version.

Whatever Illuminatus is/was - it's not the Opus they've put on PC Plus.

Truespace is only on the DVD version (not that it matters, I hate the interface )

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 21:41
David89 - Srorry thats what I meant

Rich - Ahh thanks 4 clearing that up I have never heard of it / used it but I guessed it was a big deal by the way they're promoting it It does look like its called Opus Directory simply because the way the logo is set out, the Opus is A: Very large and B: the Capital 'O' comes first when scanning left to right. However on closer inspection you are right, its called Directory Opus - and just has a confusing(ish) logo

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 22:06
Yep, I figured Kangaroo had got it wrong.

For mor information on Opus Pro visit [url]www.digitalworkshop.co.uk[/url]. I'm not going to debate the issue further.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2003 23:03
I wasn't debating I just said u were right!!! Grr lol

UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2003 21:48
where can u downlad ts3?? I tried searchng but nothing came up

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
Stink2K
Years of Service
User Offline
goto borders books, and goto the magazine department. there are magazines with cds with full working demos of 3ds max 5, lightwave 7.5, truespace 5, and the full version of truespace 3.

these cds are awsome and have .avi tutorials for using the software. (like being in a classroom). one magazine has a dvd tom with 24+ hours of video tutorials, it is way worth it. trust me goto borders and pick up these mags.

one of the magazines is called 3d computer arts. it is a european magazine, but they sell them at borders. bought 14.00 dollars a mag.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2003 18:18
Yes they are good Trouble is Demos expire or have limited functionality (Although the 3dsmax demo is easily crackable - thats highly illegal and u wouldn't be able to comercially use anything u made with it )

Computer Arts and 3d World are great magazines, the tutorials are great

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2003 20:58
3D Computer Arts was never one of my favourite magazines... alot of people i know are approached to put tutorials within them and such using the tools of the time.

you know it amuses me alot - because out there you can hack Lightwave, Max, Maya etc...

However done tests before trying to get the demo's into full products ... the protection has always interested me.
Maya and trueSpace were the only ones out of like 10 3D Products we couldn't sucessfully hack.

Maya's kept its hack for 3days then reverted back each time, and trueSpace never got rid of the start up logo nor did it ever save properly or the functions it had locked worked entirely right
Quite impressed with these product, Maya especially cause at the time i was paying out close to £10k for a years licence - does make you feel safe to know that snotty teens can't get what you are paying through the nose for

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:53:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:53:27