Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dancer #2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 03:48 Edited at: 29th Apr 2005 04:03
I notice with the update, the Dancer demo code still crashes (after one loop of the main bit of code).

Let me know if you need the media.

The problem seems to be caused by dbSetObjectEffect command, which is odd as the DBPro version works fine...

Visit http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~nickk
Calm down dear! Its only an election...
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 05:19
has this ever worked for you in darkSDK?

one of the first things i did in darkSDK was try to make a shader work. first it made obejcts disapear. I found its because it didnt like relitive paths to the shaders, when i gave a full path to the .fx file it stopped making objects disapear.

and threw an unhandled exception instead. I figured shaders didnt work -at all- in darksdk at the moment?

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 05:26
No -its never worked in DarkSDK, but does in DBPro - which makes it rather strange...

Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 05:36
i think its pretty clear that dbpro and darksdk arnt as tightly knitted as one would first assume. changing one appears to not really effect the other, this could be the source of some of the bugs though. If truely they are completly seperate requiring code to be written twice for each function its not such a surprise that things like this crop up.

Guess its upto us to be patient and await those desired fixes But i would imagine when shaders are working in darkSDK then your dancer2 code will chug along nicely too. I havnt seen it in even dbp myself, the name (and source!) sound/look intruiging

[07:16:59-pm] « Sephnroth » you were dreaming about lee...
[07:17:13-pm] « Mouse » stfu
[07:17:22-pm] « Mouse » he was hanging himself lol
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 05:45
Quote: "If truely they are completly seperate requiring code to be written twice for each function its not such a surprise that things like this crop up."

I hope not There is an interface that calls the DBPro core stuff (their presence can be found when functions dont work), but I doubt its two seperate files.

Quote: "
Guess its upto us to be patient and await those desired fixes"

Its the only problem I've found in the SDK Update so far. Which reminds me, I must make The Lab demo availiable...

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 21:11
They do use exactly the same base code - and this is a part of the problem, because it didn't matter for the DLLs if there were identical function names in different DLLs, but it does matter when you try to link from a set of .lib files. The compiler just doesn't know which one to pick, and rather than report an error, just uses the first one it gets to.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:08:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:08:47