Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Fujiboink 2004 - a remake of an 8 bit demo from around 1985.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2005 10:33 Edited at: 2nd May 2005 09:04
sorry everyone, this has been moved to another thread along with HeliosRise.

sorry for the inconvenience, geecee3.
David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 02:24
Sorry to be a nuisance, but I am unable to see the screenshot.

(I think DBSPOT must be down again)

[url=www.lightningstudios.co.uk][/url]
EddieB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 02:25
Quote: "(I think DBSPOT must be down again)"

Sure is , I cant see it either.

[href]http:www.graphics-monkey.co.uk[href]
"Him? A guru? Rich is the guru, David T is just good"
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 02:38
snivel, sniff sniff.

you gotta feel for teh jimmy, poor man's been messed around so much with lame hosts, and all he wants to do is have a good time with the people and technology, he's good at what he does and has the kind of mad personality you just have to love. you have earned the right to go POSTAL my good man.

regards, geecee3.
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 03:29
why doesn't he just get an account with a trusted host... like, 1&1 :-p

Your signature has been erased by a mod. Please resize it to under 600x120. Thanks!
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 03:43
i've had a look at 1&1 with a view to getting some hosting of my own. and the companies they host must mean they are good. the services they provide look real cool and the dedicated servers look real appealing.

if i ever get set up, it's going to be with them.
dj blackdragon3710
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 05:45
I use HostUltra. It hasn't been down once . It uses a new version of CPanel too. Great stuff. Raven were you by chance here under another name?

It has been said that the body is a slave to the mind. Only the mind knows no freedom.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 07:42
Quote: "why doesn't he just get an account with a trusted host... like, 1&1 :-p"

...and no SQL until you pay £126 / year. £211 / year if you want more than one database.

...and they quote home user packages exclusive of VAT. "No hidden charges" and VAT exclusive prices are a contradiction in terms in the home-user market.

BatVink
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 07:47
question!

i have a static ip, can i host from home using an xbox fitted with an executer mod and running linux. it has a 120gb hard disk in it.
and linux seems to think that it's an IBM pc. cool.

info on this would be very usefull.

thanks, geecee3.
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 09:32
geecee3 > very easily... well - depends how you are with your linux. I've done the exact same thing with my xbox. The only trouble is, a dozen people visit your website and your residential internet connection is cripled. What kind of upstream (upload speed) do you have?

Me? With my reputation?
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2005 12:01
256k upload, pretty slow. the lines are noisy where i live so I can't get the 2meg down/1meg up until the exchange gets an overhaul or a lot of the wiring gets replaced. I might just use my crossbox for ftp hosting calaborations and joint efforts as a handy secure storage area if that's possible, i got a router and 8 port hub as well. with 6 machines attached. and i know bugger all about linux, but i have the books and the patience to learn it. if it's anything like SCO XENIX then i'm half way there.

anyway, the problem of hosting appears to be solved,the kind people at TGC are going to allow me to have a little space on a TGC server to show off my projects and hopefully a bit of quality media for everyone as well.

i'm so looking forward to sharing my work with everyone and hopefully contributing something of worth to the community.

regards geecee3.

PS. i'm still interested in the linux box for the reasons i have stated. so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 08:28:33
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 08:28:33