Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Bitmap Font Edit and Transition Studio Completed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2005 19:44 Edited at: 4th May 2005 19:45
I have completed two tools that I had been working on a while ago, but stuff got in the way, and I just managed to get back to coding again.

Bitmap Font Edit

The Bitmap Font Edit will allow you to easily generate bitmap font that you can use for games, tools and other software that would require the use of bitmap font instead of using true type.

It features a range of drawing tools as well as a host of automated effects which can be applied by the click of a button. Almost all effects can be applied to individual character or the entire font at the same time.

The editor will arrange the character in ascii order and save the image tiled 5x12 characters or as a tilestrip with each character next to the other. It comes with a full manual and some code examples of how the bitmap fonts can be used.

Transition Studio

The transition studio will help you make transition tiles between two images using a simple and fast point and click interface. It features 40 different gradient transitions, and the option of loading a custom made gradient.

It also have image adjustment for brightness, contrast and color correction. It can generate transition tiles in four different power of 2 sizes and using the custom size, the first image will determine the output size of the transition tile.

This tool is the perfect companion for someone looking to make a tilebased game. It can generate one transition at a time, or generate the entire range of 40 transition gradients in one batch.

Please visit my website for further details. http://www.zac-interactive.dk

zac-interactive.dk
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2005 21:42
NICE, gonna check out them tools real soon. the font editor will come in REAL handy and the Transition chappy means i won't have to use as much Photopaint. loverrrrrly.

regards, geecee3.

ps. lovely interfaces by the way.
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 06:35
Nice, do you code it in DB or DBPro? It's quality and they cost not a lot.

PDAC 4 Ever! http://www.pdac-online.com
Current Projects: House Maker 1.0, The Killer 3D
[url=www.pdac-online.com][img]www.pdac-online.com/PDAC%20Logo.jpg[/img][/url]
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2005 23:00
They are actually coded in BlitzPlus, but I figured that some of the guys here could use the tools, so I figured that I might as well post something

zac-interactive.dk
geecee3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 22:17
ah. i see, non DBP tools.

i don't have a problem with 'blitz made tools' theres more than enough room for DBP and blitz to co-exist and the fact that Blitz coders are allowing us DBP coders to use their tools is really nice. I wonder how many blitz users are using DBP based toolz?

I actuall have both languages, but find DBP to be more suited to my coding and graphics style, the language chose me. Unity amongst coders! mabey the rest of the world should take a look, and learn a lesson in co-existance and the mutual benefits of difference.

well done m8,

peace.
STALKER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2005 23:15
Ah yes. But as they say,"competition brings the best out of everyone".
Yea we could co-exist, but just as with the Wars between Console Manufacturers, If they are competing against each other, they will bring better hardware out faster and cheaper to try and out do each other.
Cometetive=good for consumers, better cheaper tools
Coexist=Just keep existing products, is there any reason to try and beat the other guy

>>>>>>>>>>>MIRAGE STUDIOS<<<<<<<<<<<
>MEDIEVAL CARNIVAL<>GLADIATOR ARENA<
zawran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 23:14
I actually also have DBP, but these just happens to have been made with BlitzPlus, but as these are tools to make graphics with, which can be used by any programming language, I wanted to make sure that also DBP users would get the chance of looking them over.

zac-interactive.dk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 08:00:37
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 08:00:37