Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / transperency with the dbp window is weird~ is it windows fault or dbpro's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 15:31 Edited at: 7th May 2005 15:35
well i made a little dll with a few fun things in it
including transparency!
but it is really weird and behaves extremely strange

but anyway
dll is attached just put it into plugins-user dir in the compiler dir
and the command is

soon i will add a remove command and include more functions in my dll concerning window styles

oh if anyone wants to know the rest of the commands here u go

X-Patch x-patch.exe(gui):75% make.exe:5% x-patch.dll(runtime dll):0% developed on win xp home sp2

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 16:02
here is a screeny of the weird effect on the editor
and actually the dbp window is on top of the editor but the transperency causes a weird egffect

X-Patch x-patch.exe(gui):75% make.exe:5% x-patch.dll(runtime dll):0% developed on win xp home sp2

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 18:23
i don't think you can use transparency with a direct x window - ie the dbpro window

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 19:59
well i did and it works...sorta

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2005 23:57
what i mean is that it wont work properly - usually it should just become see-thru not patchy like that

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 01:13
dumb directx

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 18:30
not really as why would you want a transparent game (directx is designed for games) i'm sure that opengl would be the same - it ain't just m$

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2005 19:13
It isn't DirectX that is the problem.

Windows XP's windowing system has a design that hasn't really changed since Windows 95. This means simple 2D graphics.

The transparency feature added in Windows 2000 is therefore a bit of a hack - it works, but isn't suitable for any large windows that update very frequently (eg. Windows Media Player or any Direct3D / OpenGL based game). If you try setting the DBP window transparency using BlueGUI for example, you'll see severe slowdown.

Windows Longhorn (the next ed. of Windows) will have a completely new windowing engine under the hood, and will be able to take advantage of 3D graphics cards. This means that it will probably be possible to display transparent DirectX windows.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Xolatron old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 08:01
My NVidia graphics card doesn't allow transparency on any window when DirectX is in use.
The strangeness of this increases because one of my first BlueGUI programs was able to become transparent through the same process that most of my DBp and BlueGUI programs wouldn't allow. And there was no visible slowdown...
Does anyone know a possible reason for this - does DirectX conflict with just the current system of transparency, but not Longhorn's?

XolTech, Ltd: IonRay IDE for DBPro in progress

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:51:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:51:14