Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Update from TGC Team - May 16th

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 06:46
Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that we are still hard at work adding features to V1.

Progress is going really well with the main development of the multiplayer code taking most of Lee\'s time up during May. We have successfully hosted and joined a small 2D prototype application and are now in the process of moving this over so that we can at last play a game in 3D.

The physics are proving to be great fun too. Any dynamic object will respond to the physics system. You can set the mass of the object, a friction value, the force damage it will do if it explodes. We also allow the player to pick up objects, so we also added a flag to state how an object is released (just dropped as held, or in the case of say a bottle, rotated when thrown). You can choose if an entity will explode or not - ideal for barrels and crates but not always what you want for other objects.

The sounds for all weapons, environmental sounds and player footsteps have been redone and are now far better than those in EA. When you fire a rocket, you hear a far more realistic sound and get a great impact sound and a new explosion effect!

So we are doing really well and hope to bring you a demo movie file soon.

Rick & The FPSC Team

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 07:41 Edited at: 17th May 2005 07:43
Tell me more about Online Play? What arcades, who what when where?
How easy will it be?
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 08:13
And which Kool-Aid is better tasting? Lemonade or Pink Lemonade?

-This...is my boomstick!
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2005 11:23 Edited at: 17th May 2005 11:23
ORANGE DOMINATES ALL!!!. OH YEAH(Kool Aid Man jumps through the brick wall)
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
woot sauce

woot sauce
stormboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds great, and multiplayer will be very cool.
Great Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just wondering. Will there be more script commands? Like special Muiltiplyer ones. That way people can design there own game types. Other than that I am having fun with the product.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2005 14:19
From what I have asked I doubt it.

Back on topic... I can't wait til you release a vid of the progress.
Sixpack
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, sounds cool. Just wondering if you have pinned a release date yet.

Can't wait for V1!!!!!!!
Programmer Dave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2005 18:45
How does multiplayer work?
is it like Counter Strike? (choose a map, and kill?)

or do u just complete co-op objectives?

I'm the guy you love to hate.
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2005 13:38
I want to know that too.
DarkMoon productions inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2005 04:57
cant wait for v1

- Check out my game designing blog! http://markdarksgamedesigningblog.blogspot.com/
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 01:15
I currently have the demo and I am very anxious to get the actual product. However I'm questioning how much better does it get. From the looks of it, it doesn't get much better. I've read some forums hoping for some enlightenment but everything is rather general. I'm looking for someone to straighten me out here.
Im asuming the actual program and work produced by it is very basic. I hope to see many free upgrades for it if I purchase this product.
some please set me straight.

curios about...
.is the demo enterface just like the actual program, if not whats different between the two
.cut scene ability
.text appearing during gameplay for story line or speaking
.talking
.setting events (if there are any like in RPGMAKER)
. what do those colored boxes in the marker section do (the same section the start arrow is and the light bulbs)
.menu creation (when clicking on the game on your desktop does it just start the game like game test mode or can you create a menu to go to that has a title,backround,start, save, load, and option)
. during game play of the game created can you set graphic level, sound, and keys
.will there be future internet and LAN abilities
.is there a way to map the sky ( its always set on night sky in the demo)
. can the map size be changed so someone could build a full length city
. is there a fog option so you cant see really far away

Someone please fill me in
p.s. sorry for all this but im really interested in this program (its the only one i've seen on the market like this)

PM
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2005 04:17
I hope this helps,

1. I pretty sure although I haven't got to mess around with the demo.

2. No

3. Yes. You can script it. Check out one of jasuk's tutorials on how to do that in the scripts section.

4. Yes, but there isn't any lip movement. If you want to make someone talk just script a sound to play when the player gets near the person that will talk.

5. Don't know what you mean. I haven't played rpg maker. Can you make exe.'s with it?

6. (Thinking of the top of my mind) One is for Heal zone, Hurt zone, sound zone, and I think trigger zone type thing.

7. When you start the game there are start and quit buttons. The background and buttons can by customized. The in-game menu says resume and quit. I'm sure there is a way to script more complex menus. In v1 there is supposed to be a better menu system.

8. Yes. Lan and online will be supported in v1. I'm so excited! I heard there will only be co-op and death match game types.

9. Yes. Press build game then you can edit the sky in the global script options.

10. I don't know how big the map size is on the demo, but I know you can make a pretty big city with the ea.

11. Not yet.

Quote: "Someone please fill me in
p.s. sorry for all this but im really interested in this program (its the only one i've seen on the market like this)
"
Don't worry about it.

DA ChieF
Edkeyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 15:21
Sorry what are: co-op and death match game types. ??
What will the online game fetures look like? Can we see each other run arround in the game, shooting and juping and can we voice chat with each other?
It all sounds fantastic!
Regards Ed

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:55:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:55:33