Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Visual Studio 2003 Problems Running Samples

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

I am having problems getting the samples to run.

I am getting loads of different errors.

Including.

Access violations
Variables not defined
Unhandled exceptions
etc.

The best I have managed is the Animation showcase but just with white boxes (no video)

I have removed the 1.1 update as I believe this causes problems and I have also defined the libs and include folders.

All other Visual Studio Projects work including the DirectX 9 example ones.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Rik.
scooby bloke
Years of Service
User Offline
Are these the pre-compiled samples, or have you tried compiling them yourself?

Note that if compliling them yourself, then the programs may not be finding the required media (images, music etc). I've noticed that there is not much error detection in the samples and so if they do not find the required resources, they crash with a variety of errors.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2005 22:53
Yes, it does sound like missing media. The other causes could be you dont have DX9.0c and/or the latest video drivers.

Lazzaruz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

Yeah the pre-compiled examples work it's when I try to compile them myself that they don't.

I does look like they can't find the media but should it not be set up to find it by default..?

I have tried changing the Work path form ..\bin\ and also tried moving the media directory around, changing the dbSetDir. but none of these things seem to work...

I am running out of Ideas.

As mentioned earlier I have the Direct X 9.0c sdk installed and all the direct X example code works fine..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:16:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:16:08