Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / simple requests for V1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey everybody!

i created this thread for people to post theire "simple" requests for Version 1 of fpsc.

first, i'll start off with a few of mine:

1)I think that each level should be able to have its own global settings, so you can have a more diverse games, like, say, a city level and a space level in one game.

2)a scaling tool within the editor for custom entities. this one is a little more complex, but im sure they are worth it!

3)menu screens being able to have commands such as "onmouseover" and other items that would make menus more appealing. also, while on this subject, i think the menus should be a little bit more powerful. for example, instead of having "start game" and "exit Game" you could have those along with "level select", "Credits" and "training"... do you get what im saying?

ok so those are my ideas of "simple" requests, so you can comment on these or post your own!

-I will beat anyone in HALO2!
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
i couldnt agree with u more on the levels and each level global setings. the scaling tool, well.... it might be nice, but i dont know. i alos think fpsc needs to be more stable, and vehicle control DEFENETLY needs to be aded

i don't siggy my message
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2005 08:29
Vehicals I WANT! More complex menus is a must too. I just wish TGC would give us feed back to our ideas...
no offence tgc...
BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree.

although vehicles are a little bit more work than other things, they would be greatly appreciated. but things like more complex menus...thats not hard at all to do from the programmers point of view, maybe a little time consuming, but not hard...

Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be nice to be able to drive vehicles.
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be nice to also have a script maker it the new version.

Also if the new version had multiplayer support and better graphics resolution too.
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe!! just upgrade ur graphics cardo, and enjoy the ride!!
as for vehicles and menues? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES [u][b]

i don't siggy my message
Zaphod Beeblebrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2005 19:46
I think it would be great if there were vehicles just assigned to waypoints and trains going around a track etc. being able to drive them would just be fantastic!

- maybe a less complicated idea would be to have vehicles like trucks and trains which you can get onboard, but cannot actually drive. I love it in fps games where you are sitting on the back of some truck with a machine gun shooting other vehicles in a high speed chase whilst the driver is moaning at you and telling you things about fuel loss and meeting some doctor bloke.

"Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast!"-Ace Rimmer
BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds cool, but that car chase wouldnt last very long on a 40x40 block level! lol...

Zaphod Beeblebrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2005 21:57
Ahh, see I've had much experience of thinking very technical about simple limits like that with 3D Gamemaker. I would make long chase levels TURN several times as much as possible for the map as well as still making some kind of sense.

Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe!! good i dea!! and use ramps!!

i don't siggy my message
Zaphod Beeblebrain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2005 22:28
ahh, ramps. always good.

Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 08:35
I have many ammends each paragraph is a new one

I think there should be an ability to design outdoor terrain thats smooth and flowing (like in TRibes:Vengence, Gothic, and other games that have rolling hills) you could save the the land and import it as a prefab (if the it is made as a seperate program instead of an option). You could then easily place it and possibly blend it into buildings. the terrain shold be able to exceed one block high infinately or as far as the world template goes

.speaking of maps the templates shold be much larger. its reallY annoying just continuosly building upwards. Most games have maybe 3-5 levels(as in height NOT GAME LEVELS) and span great distance

there should be constant upgrades and packs (other than Version 1)preferably free but i can understand you need money so at the least make it really cheap (think of the audience, not all of us are old and skilled programmers with money)

There should be a way to make weapons with different basic weopon skins like pistol, auto-pistol,automatic, rifle, shotgun, balistic, grenade, sword, bazooka
. there could be a grabbing tool to stretch, shrink, smeer, twist or enlarge portions
. also cut parts off (like a sawed of shot gun)
. change colors
. have a few dozen parts to add on or take off the basic skin (for example a three barrel shot gun, you can add onather barrel) or(add a scope,trigger, handle(s) tracking device, laser, shoulder rest, clip size, and just bulke and image to make them seem more futuristic, scifi, ancient(really oldlike a present gun just not used in a long time, looks worn) or mystical like some kind of wand or rod of a god or something
. should also be able to animate the guns, adding different kinds of particles and reaction with objects, blast radius, ability to explode or penetrate some object while doing nothing to others( this could be applied to the system Red faction had where you could destroy all the natural terrain

another thing is a red faction like system that allows realistic destrucion of walls and terrain, by doing this you would have to have a solid ground peice to place on the map, and the terrain builder would have to allow either a skin mode where its not destrucable and a full mode where it can be destroyed

the ability to make decent cut scenes

event mode and event options like in RPGmaker. this will allow us to have more control of AI and allow things like trip mines or trip door or lets say a character walks into a room, suddenly a bunch of gaurds come in or trigger a boss battle or something

i would like AI similar to Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast
its not the greatest ai but i think its pretty dang good for any game. it would certainly be better than the zombie like non strategistic AI that's currently in use.

there should be ropes that dangle around while you climb them and the ability to swing on them to get to other ledges like in half life or alice (very basic)

there should be a tool to cut out peices of a terrain for example:
you throw a switch and a big metal draw bridge opens but comes down so hard it breaks the edge off the cliff. an event could be placed on tthe normal peice and when the switch is thrown and the bridge falls the normal peice will be switched with a broken peice an even better thing would be allow it to make a dust cloud when the draw bridge falls and even the peices should be seen falling into the precipice

adding to this physics system different map peices should be able to be set to allow different sounds and particle kick up (like dust dirt, fire if walking in lava, water splashing, wripples. it should all depend on impact speed and size so a bullet may kick up as much dust as a foot step

character modification should be included just like clothing, faces hair, hats, muscle tone, skin color, jump height and size. sort of like a sim's character or in some rpg's
and definately a size tool>>>> if you wanted to change a bossyou could face some sterioded up dude thats 20 feet tall all hulk looking that pounds you with his fists

there should be a fog system so you cant see infinately out word
and there should be a more advanced atmosphere mapping like sky and backround perhaps layering a mountain backround over a sky backround
or change color of a sky to purple or something if on an alien planet

when selecting sounds and animations i had no idea what i was selecting because the titles were completey un informative basically the enterface needs some improvement

i have a 3 GHz computer and it took 2 hours to render the level to play the level wasnt even complete and want that big, i have a good graphics card and memory, what sup with that

if you read do any of you agree with these?

PM
Pantaloon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 01:01
another idea is to allow rpg capabilities
so a player could have a sub menu that could increase accuracy health even give them special abilities like becomeing invisible in shadows
maybe even a battle system creator to make basic rpg battles, menu's skills and animations like ice explosion or hail, lightning and fir blast, and whatever you can think of. pretty much a series of small animations of different elements that can be altered like the gun the i suggested and animations and be put together to make different capabilies

what would be pretty sweet is if you could make rtrpg (real time role playing game)and instead of a gun you get bow or just magice and you can run around and summon monsters and junk, undead.

this program has so many capabilities if you make this a more universal program like instead of just fps. you could make a killing
i think some day the computer game industry will be dominated by game making programs since more and more game developers produce games for game systems and it will leave computer gamers on there own.

owe what about trees i dont see any trees and if is it possible to make a random tree generator using Phi or something
for those who dont know what "Phi" is an irrational number that shows up everywhereim totally not going into it but its pretty interesting so look up. Google it!

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 06:52:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 06:52:32