Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / net message string$

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Some people may have already posted about this, but It's been bothering me for a while so I decided to post it here.

When I was trying to figure out how to make a multiplayer game I had to use this command. But the problem is that when I type in

"net message string()"

It turns blue like all the commands do, so I stopped there. It took me the longest time to figure out, that I needed to add a '$' to the end of string, like this "net message string$()"
Even after adding the '$' I didn't think it would work because it turned black again.

So the problem is:

a$=net message string() -incorrect, missing '$', but turns blue so it looks like this is correct.

a$=net message string$() -Correct! with '$' but turns black instead of blue in compiler so It looks incorrect.

to see for yourself just copy this into compiler:

This isn't too big, just thought it would be nice to correct this little problem with the next update, and save some noobs a lot of trouble.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2005 02:34
Do it yourself - just modify the keywords INI file...

RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2005 14:03
Should still probably confirm this one if that's the case. Me thinks you don't want more posts like this one?

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 23:04:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 23:04:32