Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / does gravity HAVE to be applied?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i got a problem, when i set this charecter i made (its a star ship) to the follow.fpi it follows fine, but there has to ground underneith it, otherwise, it wont move untill you shoot it, then it just falls down till it hits ground.

can anyone help?

-I will beat anyone in HALO2!
BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "...but you'll need to get someone else to convert to character for you."

wait, i dont understand what you mean..
i already have my charecter made, the model and everything, i just need a script that maybe will make an object follw waypoints without need ing ground to walk on.

by looking at the script, i dont quite know if it will work, but i'll try it

thanks,
-BULLSHOCK

BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2005 15:34 Edited at: 30th May 2005 06:53
ok, i tried your script, but now, it didnt move at all, and once again it fell when i shot it.

i dont think i understand...

did you want me to paste those 2 lines of code into follow.fpi? or make a new code, cause thats what i did, and it didnt work, but maybe im doing something wrong...

BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2005 09:57 Edited at: 1st Jun 2005 10:02
ok, firstly, charecter making is easy...i just copy a charecter and change the fpe to my likeing and replace the texture and model.

but heres the thing, i dont think you understand waht im trying to do...

your script basically makes the ship follow the player. it would be pretty useful with a few modifacations for a charecter to pose as an allie...if it would be used in this way, you should change something...first of all the charecter rotates first, so the charecer is following you at a 45 degree angle, its like walking diagonal, and although it is useful, it doesnt make a charecter fly...

i need a script that wiil allow a charecter (or entity) to follow waypoints without having to be on the ground...

let me give you an example...

i want the player to look out the window, and see a ship flying in space...

i dont think its possible, thats why i started this thread, but then again...i didnt think water was possible, but you continue to suprise all of us...

thanks Merranvo!

-BULLSHOCK

BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
ohhh!!!!

i tried an alpha texture that i made in photoshop,but it turned out white...so black shows up invisble?

ok i'll try it.

thanks!

BULLSHOCK
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i tried balck and 000000hex...the alpha value in photoshop...anyway, there is a problem...

you cant give segments scripts (can you?) all thats there is is a segment spec, so i cant use alphafade.

000000hex shows up white, and black shows up...well...black

BUT, THERE IS A SOLUTION!

ok, i did it by giving the ground segment the window glass texture...and it worked...umm, i dont know if you can use invisible ground, but thats how to do it!!

thanks for all the help!
-BULLSHOCK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:18:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:18:45