Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / coying game to cd and running them

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 05:55
When ever I copy my game to a cd i get a error saiding that a certian line in the code could find a file
My directory structure is program files-the game creator-FPS- doc,files,Mygames. I copy the subdirector in mygames and all the files but still seems like there are files missing when I ty to run it from a CD , What other files should I copy to the CD to run my programs

warren gregory
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
heres what i do:

build the EXE
put the EXE, setup and "files" folder into the instaler (i use Clickteam's instal creator, download it at
[href]www.clickteam.com[/href])
build the instaler
put the instaler on a disk

it should work

Heven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid i'll take over!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 23:20
FPSC and other engines dont always copy all necessary files correctly across to a game .exe publish folder - sometimes they miss files out.

Simply making a note of any missing files and finding them on your hard disk - then copying them into their correct folder locations within the game .exe pubish folder will make them available to your game and it should work fine.

FPSC has enough probs with file tracking so its quite likely it may miss out some files in publishing your game.

FPSC randomly changes all my entity names in the editor library so by name alone I would never know what was what - poor thing gets so confused its a wonder it can find anything.
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, hehe!! ya, i know

u da man uman!!

Heven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid i'll take over!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:57:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:57:58