Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
does any one know how to make trap doers? (doers in the floor)

Heven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid i'll take over!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 07:40 Edited at: 10th Jun 2005 07:41
Any animated model (door opening) rotated to floor should work fine.

I suppose its best if you make a simple floor enity and animate it across a number of frames by hand in a modeller. Thats not too difficult. If it moves in your modeller theres no reason it should not in FPSC by attatching a door type script (AutoDoor if you like).

You may even be able to rotate a default FPSC sliding door 90% and it may work - a quick test would ascertain the possibilities.

If you make copies of a default door and use the doors script to rotate it, place it in level - it should work, but Ive not tried it.

Dont mess with any of the default files - make copies and rename them.

Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
i tried that, but i need to scale it and cant find the scale field in the FPE/FPI file i used a distructible wall entitie, and it works for now

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2005 23:07 Edited at: 10th Jun 2005 23:09
the amercain idiot,

If you are using a copy of default door - then open your fpe for the entity. You wont find scale because it does not exist.

You can add the scale command after the line rotz =

Code to add :

scale = "yourscale"

e.g. double the size (200%) add the line :

sacle = 200

Adding a scale command on any FPSC default entity that dont have it by default normally works fine without any probs as most objects are quite simple - Your destructable entity should be fine - though with something like a default set of animated doors - it could possibly have undesirable effects - as for it to work propely one has to presume that the command will also scale the embedded animation data correctly. It could possibly be the case that double doors for instance may not open wide enough or some other similar effect.

Trying it is the only way to find out if it works OK.

Scaling the .xfile in an external model editor would probably do more it with more certainty and its easy enough to scale any model you make yourself in a model prog of course - thats obviously the most exact and credible method.

Hope it goes well for you

Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
uman,

what an amercain idiott i am!! i forgot all about that

thanx

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2005 07:25
Not at all we all get like that sometimes working on a prob so intensly its so easy to overlook the obvious - I do it all the time always trying to solve things by wasting time when the easy answer was one you would overlook as the least possible choice, thinking it could not be that - surely.

Often aonther persons view on a problem could solve it very quickly - people often think more clearly when they are not personally involved in the situation.
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
lol ya, i tried adding my own scale, but it stays the same i used a wall entitie, and it kinda works. all i have to do is blow it up and, volla! i got a subsistute trap doer

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2005 18:36
You could have used the ground entity - it being already rotated correctly and applied your script to that.

If you cant scale an entity theres something wrong - I scale all kinds. I must admit I've not looked closely at a wall entity script. You should not use a segment wall/floor piece of course.

For the moment you can destroy the trap door with any of the destroy scripts of course so that the player falls through your trap door. When you get V1 you will be able to explode it into pieces, which fly around affected by gravity - have damage hurt the player and get a nice sound and exploive effect cloud animation easily changable by the entities properties dialogue box in editor - no scripting needed.

Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
great!! i used the wal entity cause i'm lazy and its the first one i saw i guess when V1 comes out it'll all be better, so... thanx for ur help tho

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:59:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:59:45