Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / 2 Questions From the New Guy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Hey there. Im wondering if i can select a larger area. Like if i wanted a whole level to be nothing but grass. How would i select the whole area, or a bigger area, and make it all grass? Is there some sort of short cut?

2) What is fpscentities.exe or whatever. The manual says to put your own .x files in, you have to locate fpscentities, or what not, and use that. But I cannot find this .exe for some odd reason. I have Darkmatter 1,2 and would like to use t hose models..Followed the manual perfectly until it talked about fpscentities.exe. Now im lost.
Semper Fi
God Bless
Riddles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2005 11:50
there is one way you can make an entire level grass. go file, preferences, automatic floor. then go to whatever layer you want to be all grass, select the grass segment, and click on the top left corner of that layer. this is how i do it, and it works for me. hope it works for you

riddles
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2005 12:45
ok, as for the grass, i think you gonna manually lay the segment over every tile.

for the entities.exe, those files dont exist. here is whart i do to get entities un fpsc:

find an entity in the entitybank folder that most resembles your object, copy all the files to a new folder in the user directory, then replace the texture files and the models and change the according info in the fpe file.

hope this helps
-BULLSHOCK 2(long story...read my signature)

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2005 12:32
no, no, no its my fault, i accidentaly deleted the cookie folder, so i think that affected my profile...come to think of it, it should of been BULLSHOCK 2.0, like you said, that sounds better.

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
well u can still change it.

Heven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid i'll take over!!!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2005 08:46
hmmm...if i change it do i have to go thru all that "your post has to be read first" stuff?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2005 23:15
Merranvo,

"using automatic floors tend's to end up with redundant tiles, and thus slows load time"

Thats very interesting.

Is that what shows up as White outlines to the tile areas (which cant be gotten rid of) indicating floors are in place when they have been deleted and nothing exists there?

I have a few hanging around and had not figured out exactly why the white lines still show up in editor - just knew there was a bug - now I know why - thanks for that.

Cheers

Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
i think so

Heven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid i'll take over
Darkgleam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 23:46
I make the entire map 1 segment by doing these steps

1-Select segment

2-In the toolbar near ''testgame''thereis another bar with a line,
a square, a circle, some other symbol and then two circles with - +.

3-Then select the square.

4-Then select top corner left corner (or right) and then drag to
bottom right (or left) corner.

5-DOne

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:08:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:08:14