Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Accessing DBO Internally?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2005 02:08
I am kind of unclear on how this would be done. Would a routine be needed to load piece of data from memory, or would you simple have point an sObject pointer to the data and read from that (I wouldn't have throught it that simple, as surely the sObject structure has a variable size?)? I am using Delphi, and converting of the DBOData.h file is way beyond my understanding of data structures or C++ . If anyone could point me in the right direction, or knows of any resources it'd be appreciated. Presumably reading from memory bears no resemblence to reading from a file?

More tea Vicar?
Eddie B
Years of Service
User Offline
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2005 05:30
Indeed I do, and I already have a fully working Delphi DBO file loader (not the same structure as the C++ examples, as they are pretty complex for me). I just would like to know how DBO objects are stored internally.

More tea Vicar?
Eddie B
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm, get in touch with Cloggy. He was talking to me on MSN about how he just done somthing with DBO.
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2005 07:22
Hamish,

I sent an e-mail to Mike Johnson. He kindly supplied me with some example code. I'm not exactly sure how it's works , but I have managed to create a dbp object from a directX mesh. I could send you a copy of my source, but It doesn't really show you how to access an already existing db object.

Cheers,

Cloggy
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2005 14:06 Edited at: 18th Jun 2005 15:22
If anyone has (or can make) a DBP version of the .dbo loader, I would appreciate it if you could send it to me. I can't make heads nor tails out of the c++ one and am looking into doing some animation editing work.

[edit] Didn't mean to try and steal the tread just figured an example in DBP code may help Hamish as well. It doesn't even have to actually do anything just show the data orders like this .csm example.

Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2005 22:51
Lost in thought - Making a DBO loader for DBPro could be quite tricky, seeing as DBPro doesn't have support for linked lists or arrays within UDTs. It could be possible by using references to array indices, but it'd be a mess, and also fairly slow. The DBO format is fairly easy to understand though, just read through the DBO documentation linked to above and you should be able to grasp the format pretty easily. Don't bother with the C++ loader, I certainly didn't .

More tea Vicar?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2005 03:36
I'll have a look at the docs a bit closer. I usually just use the examples as I learn faster that way. I will post if I come up with anything on the dbo format reading in a new thread with an example. If I get the animation editing going I will also post the code for that.

As far as internally editing the objects' data, I think as close as you can get is the new commands in 5.8 I know NGC and several others have been trying to get that info for a while with no luck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:33:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:33:44