Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Where is FPSC now?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was wondering about what you guys are doing right now, and how far you've come in FPSC. i mean like what features are finished, what ones have been improved, what ones have been aded and so on. hows vehicle support comming? what about that terain video i saw? and hows multi-player comming? i'm just looking for a update in the news department.

Heven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid i'll take over
DarkMoon productions inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 17:25
they havent updated in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkDark is DarkMoon productions!

- Check out my game designing blog! http://markdarksgamedesigningblog.blogspot.com/
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 17:33 Edited at: 20th Jun 2005 17:34
i know, damn them!!

Lee kooks so kool!! in the FPSC vids

my location is in a girls destenation, do you get what i mean or do you need a demenstration??
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 23:40
If you want to keep up with the development of FPSC and how its progressing you should follow the develpoment diaries.

If you have not been following them then you are in the dark.

Mad Scientist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2005 23:41
Where would I find these development diaries of which you speak?

Relax or I'll hit you with the whip again.
DarkMoon productions inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2005 21:02
yeah where is it?

MarkDark is DarkMoon productions!

- Check out my game designing blog! http://markdarksgamedesigningblog.blogspot.com/
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 00:22
From the home page, select 'Community' -> 'Developer Network' then on the right of the screen select Developer Diaries (Lee or Mike).

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 01:10
They are adding multiplayer stuff at the moment.

OTS Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 02:51
Nothing in the latest newsletter...

www.OTSsoftware.com
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 03:24 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2005 03:37
Ok...If uman wont answere I'll be nice. Go to the home page and at the top go to community and select developer network. Then on the right side there should be some diaries of lee and mike.

What I still dont understand is that they don't give updates anymore on the forum cus half of the people have no idea about the diaries....what ever.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 04:37 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2005 04:40
Sorry Guys I have not been on line since yesterday so could not answer re: the dev diaries.

Anyway the last post in the diaries from Lee was some days ago - so hopefully you can expect another any day soon - you can look back over his previous posts to see whats been developing.

Lees posts vary in frequency - sometimes daily sometimes weekly - depends on how busy he is I guess.

As to the forum - TGC officials obviously do watch whats going on here - (but in secret ) though dont post or provide info as much as we may like. If anything naughty is going on here they soon appear so dont think they dont know whats going on.

Fair to say TGC involvement here has been a little conspicuous in its absence of late.

That may be a Forum hands off policy or reflective of the fact that this is now a very poor forum in terms numbers of individual active posters currently and does not have much priority perhaps - TGC also have other products which may be the mainstay of their business to consider and TGC staff time has to be spread around the various tasks they have to do. After releasing FPSC EA - TGC had a lot of catching up to do on progressing their other products that had suffered a little while at the same time now pushing to meet a release for FPSC V1 - They just got a lot to do I guess.

Its around a month since the last main official post I think so perhaps youll get another shortly.

The seemingly lack of interest in FPSC may have very little bearing on TGC thinking towards it though that and the No News of FPSC development in the latest Newsletter for the first time for well a long time is a little disconcerting.

If you want more news about whats coming in V1 and how its developing then I suppose if theres no official info given here by TGC then Lees diaries are the best source of knowledge.

All I can say additionally is I am aware that the Physics are actually in and that the inclusion of the Physics will at least allow the possibility of adding that to all your game entities - thats if you can hold up the FPS in your game.

You can now as I stated before push all you stuff about, kick it around, shoot it - up in the air as it explodes into pieces and so on. You can actually explode almost any object by adjusting the Physics properties which every object has by default simply by adjusting the properties of the object in the editor as you do now with any of your entities. For instance you could easily have a simple object like a box or large object say a tank object or whole building (entity) respond to physics and though you may not want to push it around of course you can blow it up into pieces which will fly around subject to the laws of Physics by default. The only thing is I cant say how good any support for your objects explosion parts on destruction will be. Exploding into pieces comprising of many realistic parts I am not sure will be possible - but simple gibbs by default certainly. I just dont know what level of sophistication this will end up at.

Weapon animations and sounds have been improved and of course you have the explosions.

You can now walk over terrain.

Of course you will get MP.

Other than that I am not sure I can think of anything else in terms of any major change I personally am aware of. There may well be other feature specific or general improvements to FPSC and I am sure there will be some. Apparently as has been already stated by TGC there are some speed improvements.

Sorry I cant help more than that, but I know very little more than anyone else of what V1 will finally prove to contain.

FPSC V1 apparently is or was scheduled for release in the not too distant future and TGC seem to want to get a release as near as possible meeting with their forecasts. I'm sure that if there is to be a delay of any length they will make sure we get an udate here to let everyone know whats going on.

Keep smiling

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 06:48
We're just concentrating on getting things complete for now. Not much time to update everyone on the latest developments with FPS Creator although at this stage I can say everything is going full steam ahead and there's all kinds of exciting things going on.

There will be an update soon enough and everyone can get to see what's coming with V1.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 08:32
Thank You Mike
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 09:40
I will keep smiling! Thanks uman for the update
-|-
/ \
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
is he in wiyh TGC or something??!!

my location is in a girls destenation, do you get what i mean or do you need a demenstration??
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 04:58
I think he tests the new versions. Like when they fix the bugs and stuff.

Submit your stick figure animations or games at
http://www.geocities.com/thechurchedition
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
ya, i wanted that position, but Lee wouldnt give it to me

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2005 04:10
cause you didnt ask him nicely

Its stupid, contagous, to be broke and famous, will someone please save us from punk rock 101!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:03:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:03:44