Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / why does my fps creator doesnt have any fps-entitties.exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
how can i add any entity while i don't have the exe of fps-entities.exe...it has been said on the manual... can you answer this question guys...
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 04:58
The manual is errornous in that fps-entities.exe (the entities editor) was dropped and so too the segment editor.

You dont need an entity editor to add an entity you just load one from a library and place it in the level. I presume you mean how do you add additional entities that you may want over and above those that come with FPSC?

You make them in a modeller create the appropriate support files and place them in the correct directory locations so that they will appear in your libraries.

Study the default entities script files that come with FPSC to see what is needed for each entity and what goes where.

Its easy - you just have to put in some effort.

Good luck
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2005 22:18
I should hope that when V1 is released the Manual will be updated to remove the redundant information and perhaps for new users even possibly add a brief overview of how to make new segments and entities without the originally planned editors.

I guess most current forum users already know how to do that but the general purchaser probably wont.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 14:48
WHAT! NO SEGMENT EDITOR?!?!?
it will take me years to get all my segments done!
they should at least make it easier to texture walls then!!

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 23:57
I can't help it, they should at LEAST make it so you can right click walls and re-write their texture properties

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 00:02
ok, I've downloaded it, but when I try to open it it gives me a runtime error, hows this suposed to work?

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 00:14
The segment/entity editor is released though theres no support for it.

There are many things which could be improved or added to the editor which might make level development and production easier and faster - flexible texture handling only one of them which makes it no less an important consideration.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 00:35
@ sunflash
The same thing happened to me!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 01:01
yeah, I don't know if there's some way you open it or not.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2005 04:56
Have you copy the files to the FPSC directory?
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2005 00:28
ok, restarting might work (this is my dads work comp so it never gets restarted)

I'm running a Proffesional XP with DirectX9.0 and all that cool stuff needed to run FPSC.

Habatar:
FPSC directory? I'm not quite sure what you mean by that... hah! thats it, ok I did it, thanks Habatar!

Madda Cheif:
you have to copy and paste the files from the Segment Editer to where the icons of FPSC are, it will ask you if you want to overwrite certain files, but whatever you do don't do it (duh).

If worse comes to worse (which can't be to bad) then just rename the files.

Habatar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2005 03:40
Ups. Sorry.

In the FPS directory works, but when launch the FPSC-Browser get a 8003 runtime error

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:07:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:07:53