Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / enemy attack question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 10:00
is there a way to change the enemies via scripting or whatnot to attack upclose like a zombie for instance, in the EA version, or will that be in Version1?

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 10:36
scripts can do anything...enemys have a default script that you can change by right clicking on the enemy in the level editor.
there are some good enemy AI scripts here if you need them:

http://merranvo.proboards42.com/index.cgi

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 10:38 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2005 10:42
You can set distances for attack in the enemies script file. If you look at the script files for varying enemies you will see how their attack ranges are set up differently.

If you mean melee attack then FPSC enemies do not support that by default and you would have to make a model enemy with appropriate animations and get it into FPSC - If you can do that I see no reason why you then could not get that enemy to attack at close quarters.

I would suggest that you do it the other way around and set up a test character first from copies of a default enemy and learn how to amend the script to get a close attack working - close enough for your needs - thats the easy bit - the new models the hard part.

Sorry I have no idea if melee attack will make it into V1 or any future version. If it does then maybe TGC will supply an enemy with appropriate melee attack animations and supporting script file.

Unless I am incorrect, scripts are actually limited by whats in the engine hard coding. If the engine dont support it you cant do it. It can certainly do what you want in this case.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 10:59
not a problem, although I get confused when everyone speaks of a real melee attack. Is that one based on contact with accual model faces, or is it something else? I'm only trying to achieve the 'effect' of something coming close and attacking. I'm not wanting the enemy to have a 'block' move or anything like that. As long as the enemy has to come close to you in order to attack, then that's fine with me. I'm not picky. A true melee combat system would take forever and I'm not in the mood to wait forever,lol. Thanks for your help, and hopefully All thses questions lead to a good demo.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2005 14:11
WOW! thanks! You don't know how much this is oing to help me!

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2005 08:13
showing off again...

I am really BULLSHOCK, but my profile got deleted...really, i'm telling the truth!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2005 07:21
maybe not intentionally...

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2005 23:12 Edited at: 25th Jun 2005 23:17
Merranvo,

Your posting of code and other posts at this board of varying nature in response to users problems, questions or enquiries for help are most welcome.

After all we all need help sometimes and I at least am grateful to anyone who takes the time to support the forum and users with valuable contributons of such like which may help users solve problems and make better games -

Instead of waffling (howd you spell that?) so much - like what I do.

Thank you.

God this board is quite - I could do with some exciting news, wish I had some.
brushswinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 02:09
merranvo

How abouts you do us an IN DEPTH manual? Covering scripting, importing segments, entities etc...

I am pretty sure you could do a better job than the team (TGC) cos they aint got time. PDF format even. The 89 page manual only scratches the surface. Or Uman, you seem to be quite knowledgable as well.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2005 11:48
heck even a bunch of codes and how to implement them rather than an explaination of how to script if that's possible. I'de buy it even in pdf format

glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
could you at least say what to do with your scripts were to put them exceter what exactly they will do and what you need as in models and such to make them work?

THx

glyvin101

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:04:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:04:56