Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Delphi - TPC Gui DLL Help (Forms, Buttons, ect.) Please Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2005 14:53
Hey,

Ok so I am still learning Delphi and stuff and I am at the point on where I would like to try and add GUI Components to be called from my DLL.

These are the steps I know I must do:

1. Start a new DLL Project
2. Add a Form

From there I would guess I make my functions or procedures and declare variables like:

var Button: TButton;

But I can't seem to get it to work. My project continues to crash.

The only successful GUI command (which wasn't really an authentic one) I got to work was the OpenDialog and SaveDialog Commands.

var SaveDialog: TSaveDialog;

I tried using the same methods with other commands, but they failed to work.
At first, I would run DBP and it would just exit out with no error and then I tried to take it to the next step and I thought my DBP compiler self destructed.

I tried learning from this very old post also but it failed to help my needs.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=43774&b=18

Using the example code from that post, only worked when I made the form popup. I would like to embedd the components onto the black screen of Dark Basic Pro. I don't want these commands to run off of a popup form.

Can I get full instructions on what I should put in the 'USES Clause' and how I should set up my functions or procedures. Well maybe my string table is messed up too so please add that to the example.

I would greatly appreciate the help.

BTW: I will add my working OpenDialog so you guys can see what I mean.

Thanks
The Lone Programmer

Mess With The Best, Die Like The Rest.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:56:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:56:22