Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / TGC Update - June 27th

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2005 06:54
Yah they took it down cus they made a new thread.

Stupid stick naukamoo
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 07:53 Edited at: 25th Jul 2005 07:54
Today I worked on bringing EA backwards compatibility support to V1.

Become like Lee, watch CSI. The New Source of Lee Entertainment.

Get Beta4: [href]MAILTO:lee@thegamecreators.com[/href]
NOTE: you have to obey teh leeh and do everything he says for 5 hours a-day. And report bugs. FOREVER.

Adding a switch to allow the MP files to be diffrent then the SP files.

Active Dynamic Recompiler: A compiler that keeps the previous compile information in memory so small changes can be quickly made without remaking the whole exe.

Physics slows down FPSC dramatically.

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 07:43
Upon further investigation (CSI rulez), I can confirm (CSI rulez), that (CSI rulez), comma, (CSI rulez), the physics system is actually quite fast according to my performance timers. It turns out I was busily crunching 220 matrix algorythms thirty times a second, not good. In BETA6, my latest creation in carnate, I can now have ten zombies walking around puhsing tables and each other with full lphysics, and my poor little laptop can still pull 31 fps without batting an eyelid. I also suspect this high-object application speed loss bug is in U5.8, which means the next major upgrade will speed up your large projects quite nicely me thinks! Lee's diaries continue...

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 10:44
I really(Stargate Pwns)look forward to (Stargate Pwns) the new(Stargate Pwns)physics system.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 11:54 Edited at: 26th Jul 2005 12:05
Thanks Lee... it really helps to know that Physics is still good.

If I understand you right your saying that you were running an enormus algorithm that for every frame? Wow... that is bad...

And Stargate and CSI are both good... however SciFi REALLY needs to reconsiter the phrase "OVERKILL". The first ship take over was done with nothing but some c4 and gernades... (into the serpants lair I think), now we find a super weapon activate it and poof, all the enemys are dead... I liked the stealth missions better. (I know the fact that SciFi also is making alot of enemys now Invincible, so they do need superweapons...)

CSI has a god like feeling to it, really, I can't explain it but Grissim and his team seem to be unstopable and all knowing. (god). Although it is pretty interesting...

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:02:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:02:48