Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGUI - set window on?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 08:54 Edited at: 30th Jun 2005 09:06
Im looking through all of these sample programs that came with Blue, and I cant figure out how in the hell they come up in window mode. I dont see "set window on" anywhere. And whenever I run my program (which I create in rainbow) the thing runs full screen. If I set window on, I get funky results with some gadgets not displaying.

Am I missing something? How are you SUPPOSED to get your apps to run in a window?

Thanks in advance

*Wow now im really confused. I copy/pasted the code into a new project, even made sure to include the gui.dba. When I run the original, it always pops up in a nice little window. When I run the EXACT code that I copied into a new project, everything works fine, however it runs full screen. What the...

All you need is zeal
AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
Apparently, you do not know about a DarkBASIC Pro project.

DarkBASIC Professional projects let you add more control than regualr DarkBASIC projects. Features of these projects include linking more than one source code file without #include, changing cursors and icons, setting version information, and changing the window size and type.

Instead of being just your source and media in a folder, DarkBASIC Pro makes a .dbpro file that handles all the project data. If you try to open a .dba file in DarkBASIC Pro, it will ask you if it wants to make a similar .dbpro file. Or just make a new project by going to File>New Project.

The Project Manager window lets you set project options. To view it, either open your project in Project View Mode (View>Display Mode>Use Project View Mode), or by making sure that the item Show Project Manager under the View menu is checked.

At the right-hand side of your screen should be a thin window with 9 colored tabs underneath a gray interface with light cyan boxes. This is the Project Manager.

To change the size and form of the window, click the red button "Settings" under the Project Manager (one of the tabs). Go to the box under the text "Display Settings." The following options are available:

> Fullscreen - Exclusive Mode: This is the normal fullscreen mode used by the original DarkBASIC. It is the Windowed - Full Screen mode with bit depth.
> Windowed: Shows the program in a standard Window. This is the one you want.
> Windowed - Desktop: Shows the program in fullscreen, but with a titlebar and the taskbar showing.
> Windowed - Full Screen: This is the normal fullscreen mode, selected by default.
> Hidden: No window until SHOW WINDOW is called.

Under Fullscreen - Exclusive Mode and Windowed should be a set of numbers in parenthesis and a PICK button. The numbers in parenthesis shows the window size (the third number under Fullscreen - Exclusive Mode shows the bit depth). The PICK button allows you to change that size.

You should browse around the Project Manager to see what you can do with it and the DarkBASIC Pro Assistant's Help System (the wide window with the help page in it) to find out how it works.

Happy coding!

For the Software You Want, AMPERSAND LABORATORIES is the place!
Zealous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2005 10:46
Wohoo never screwed around with any of those buttons except the files one. Thanks for the tip!

All you need is zeal
AndLabs
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad to help! Hope you enjoy BlueGUI!

For the Software You Want, AMPERSAND LABORATORIES is the place!
Keaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2005 05:16
Also if you call resetMainWindow and the repaint the gadgets(hide then show them) it will fix your problem and then you can resize the window, change display modes, etc...

P.S. This doesn't work for going from windowed to fullscreen though.

Breaking Stuff=Fun!,Bug Testing<>Fun!, Bug Testing=Breaking Stuff, so...
Bug Testing=Fun! Hmmmm....
DOES NOT COMPUTE! SYSTEM MALFUNTION!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 17:16:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 17:16:48