Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

The 20 Line Challenge / Planet Shot (ball game): 20 Line Coding Challenge. DBPro 5.8

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 07:55
If you have ever played a game called something like "Planet Shot", where the object was to place a ball on two parallel metal sticks and split the sticks apart to get the ball to move "up" the game board to get scores for reaching the planets, the further planets were worth more points, then this game will seem familiar to you.

Split the bars apart using the left and right arrow keys or push them together by pressing the mouse button and the left and right arrow keys. The closer to you the ball gets before it falls, the more points. Play with it a bit... you'll get the concept pretty quick, but it takes a while to master.

"Droids don't rip your arms off when they lose." -H. Solo
REALITY II
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 11:20
Just got home and tried this on my pc and found out it wouldn't compile on my DBPro version at home. Here's a non-20 line version with a few modifications to make it work for these versions.

REALITY II
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 20:02
"position object does not match object number,X,Y,Z at line 6"

and i can't get it to work

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 03:39
Quote: "position object does not match object number,X,Y,Z at line 6"

Yep, that's the same bug I got at home. And it is a bug. I just have to figure out how to report it since it works fine on my DBPro at work, but not on my DBPro at home. Go figure.

Try the second one.

REALITY II
Eddie B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 07:08 Edited at: 8th Jul 2005 07:13
Oops , I done it now I love it

15 !

RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 09:58
Here's an update. It's not in 20-Line rules format yet, but I will convert soon.

For anyone interested: This game works almost completely off a sliding Vertex-Based Collision (VBC) system I have been working on for a little while now. It's finally fine-tuned to be fast and accurate, with a few parameter settings to help optimize performance. Besides the collision system, I've added simple gravity (simple downward velocity, no acceleration) and momentum.

Resistance to movement is handled by the collision system as well as rolling "downhill" even if the "downhill" is in-between the bars and going "uphill". The bars are angled up at 4.5 degrees, so the restance to moving towards the camera is actually due to the 'gravity' and the object's tendancy to roll downhill.

For everyone else: Enjoy. Post your scores. And feedback, comments, suggestions, etc. are more-than-welcome.

REALITY II
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 04:26
Well, it works.. But I cant find the command that pushes the bars together

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 07:21
Left click the mouse while pressing the left or right arrow keys.

REALITY II
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2005 08:08
i got 20 !

Visit PanzerGames here
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 12:11
Just uncase you dont know you can't define variables as global on the same line, so:

Wont work. Well, in my experience anyways.

RiiDii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2005 14:48
It seems that some of the particulars about converting to a 20-Liner vary from pc to pc (or maybe it's editor to editor). Take a look at the 20-Line pinball game I wrote. Worked on some pc's and not on others. Anyway, stacking globals works fine for me.

REALITY II

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:34:23