Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V1 (when does it come out)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2005 23:11
So far all i know is that it comes out sometime in July. But its my b'day soon and would like to know when it's coming out so i know if to ask for it or not. It seems that Lee etc.. are avoiding telling people when it will come out.
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi! I heard it comes out in august... but I whouldnt count on it. the longer it takes them to bring it out the more new stuff they put in.
guy1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 06:57
end of july
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 08:25 Edited at: 8th Jul 2005 08:28
No one is avoiding saying when FPSC V1 is coming out. No one yet knows when the V1 release will be. I doubt if TGC even know. They are working on the product and like all game engine developers are having to solve unforseen problems as they go. Nothing new in that. Its complex work.

They wont release it until work on the additional major features of Physics and MP and any lesser additonal features scheduled for inclusion are complete. Following that then at the very least there is also the editor and other stability issues which apparently will be given some attention and deservingly so.

Following Lees diaries it seems that none of these things are yet fully complete and its likely that when they are a further period of testing may be required before a release - it may yet still be some time away. Ulikely to be in this month of July - perhaps August if all goes well though thats expecting a lot I would think.

TGC have a target for feature and function inclusion and I doubt that you will see anything more than that causing any delay. Its not very likely that they will hold up a release from now on in so they can work on giving you more features - thats a never ending cycle which wont play any part in the release date.

If you follow Lees Diaries - then commomn sense will tell you how its going and when its nearing some kind of completion - from that you can ascertain a reasonable guess at any likelyhood of any release - not quite yet it seems.

Nutbolt,

If you want FPSC for your birthday then you'd best get the EA version and get the Upgrade to V1 when its released, otherwise you may not have such a good Birthday. I wish you a happy one.

Dont bank on V1 coming out on a particular date until TGC say so officially, they are unlikey to commit to that until shortly before when they are 100% sure of the date and anything else is just hear say.

MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2005 13:04
Well...I dont know what I want more. V1 to come out earlier with some things left out, or it to come out later with maximum bug splattage(if you know what I mean). Not to hurry the release V1, but what would you guys want more?

@ Dude274
Hey! I think I told you that. You just re worded it.

DA ChieF
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
V1 come out with less.... then Downloadable expansions FTW
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 02:15
Ya. That would be cool. But It kinda gets anoying to keep updating and updating...
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
mmmm, no. it accualy gives you more to look forward to.

I'll be back!!
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 02:52
I guess you are right.
Nutbolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2005 16:30
Thanks, yer i see ur point, they wont know when its cummin out, well thanks anyway.
foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2005 09:33
Anxiously awaiting the release of V_1.0......

As Always B3D

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:03:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:03:38