Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / newton - rotating the collider body and getting local velocity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2005 03:37 Edited at: 10th Jul 2005 21:49
I have a proticulary nasty problem in my cinco de maya project, thought some of you newton fanboys could help out a bit Basicly, I need a very fast method of pointing a newton object in a specefic direction (I'm planning on having up to 80 enemys on screen at one time ) Currently, I have:

Not very understandable, I know Mostly because I already have a handful of workaround in there (e(i).r, namely) Problem: I need to be able to manually control the newton collider's y rotation. (The bad guys don't shoot at you isasmuch charge with claws) Second problem: how do I limit the velocity that I apply with the NDB_BodyAddForceLocal? I don't exactly want them accelerating in an insane fashion... I know how to get the current velocity with NDB_NewtonBodyGetVelocity but I don't want the velocity on the global scale, just the local scale (because I'm applying a local force)

The alternative to all of this, using global forces instead of local, makes it drop down from 65 fps to a megre 18 (and that's with a megre 18 enemys--remember I want around 60-80)

Any ideas?
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2005 01:14
Com'on people it's been five days

I've actually changed the scope of the project, so now I only have 8-15 AI object on screen at once, the rest of them can be bypassed (I can activate them if, say, the player opens a door) But I'd still like to know if anyone has any insights on this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:20:06