Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Times Of Tears, Time Of Pain, Time to program a bloody new game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:00
Well Life has chucked me about a bit at the mo(come on everyone a big 'aawwwwww') And Games have come off my priorty list. In my mind, this now must be rectified!!

So, at the mo im very low on the idea list. so peeps, chuck ideas for games, effects or general programs at me. coz im in the mood to do something for you guyz. just because i love you.... metaphorically speaking.... Also, A few friends round these forums wudn't go a miss, I dont like bieng a lone ranger, im a sociable person!

hear from yaz soon,
the 'KILLERSPONGE'
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:11
lol... a coder with too much spare time and no ideas

how about you make a model developer
nothing fancy, just something simple where you plot the Vertex and create faces that way build up to make complete models (^_^)

i know its been done, and others are doing these too ... but if you've got the time then its a challenge that might actually be worth while and have the time to work on it to a degree where it will be released - plus having no other projects should speed up dev time.
my problem here is that when people ask for help i just can't dang well say no

end up helping so many people and my own project suffer

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:14
yeh i had that problem to, but not on the forums wit friends bak home, you know bin readyin through a few posts, your not as bad as people say, newayz, I did have projects, but if you read my help me plz thread about the entire "MY HARD DRIVE BUGGERED UP" i lost them all. So I need stuff for new ones.

Umm, Model developer, could use tringles to create vertexs and things, tho im not very into modelling much, I might give it a shot. I'll Let you know.

thx
the 'KILLERSPONGE'

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:38
NE ONE ELSE PLZ,
............. Yawn Tired
neone played UPLINK??
I think i might do a clone/remake of that its quite a cool game. If you havn't played it.. get the demo from
http://www.introversion.co.uk/
have a look at it, Its all about hacking. With no stinkingly hard 3d models or stupiddly detailed sprites, just a nice game like the old dayz.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:41
well ... it'd be a great oppurtunity to understand Memblocks, because how i've done it in the past has been to create a dummy triangle from the vertex position - and use the screen x() and screen y() or whatever it is to get the object screen X Y to make a small 2D vertex box.

you plot the vertex from the screen x y to x y z and fill that into a buffer array which you then use a memblock to create the visual mesh once the user clicks on them in an order with the face tool

certainly is an interesting project and if you don't actually complete anything you still come away with some new knowlage (^_^)

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:41

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:44
true! oh ignore the code snippet above, its just prints "Blag!" across you screen in random positions in random colours. I get bored seez!
Problem, With my harddrive bein wiped and a snapped into DARKMATTER CD in oh 14 days my DB will no longer be ENHANCED so no more MEMBLOCKS! damn, why did DB team make that a buy on extra rather than a general update. Considering I didn't know darkMATTER hard the Enhancment on it when i bought it, i bought purley for some half decent models and was dissapointed but the enhancement didnt dissapoint!

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:46
Yeh first newayz I'll need to learn how meshs are stored in a memblock I could create a mesh maker?

Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:46
you seem rather bored.

Your hard drive died? whats wrong with it? failing to boot? my bros got an almost brand new maxtor 80gig and its failing to boot, but works fine as a slave. have you tried that?

anyhway, check out team requests if you're bored, ive got a request for a trekkie type game.

Nothing in life is worth doing if it's hard...

... Except programming
Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 15:57
as in star trek, I LOVE STAR TREK. newayz, I just recovered my system and i was ok. and thus i lost everything
Yes it wud have worked fine as a slave. The book sector was "UNMOUNTABLE" so it meant either recover HARD-DRIVE or INSTALL a new OS.

But i got Windows XP Pro, and im happy wit it so I recovered!

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 16:13
Actually, I'll enter the Compo First. making a remake of GALAGA (the best Retro Game of All TIME!!!) but ne one else give me ideas for games/and stuff so ive got projects to work on aftwards.

Raven: If I created a mesh/model maker do you reckon I shud have a world craft view (2d Top,2d Front,2d Side,3d)?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2003 18:22
worldcraft has the basically the standard developer veiws,

Top, Front, Left, Perspective (3D)
and for ease of use should use that, but make the windows expandable to the entire size of the creation area - because thats always useful too

Killer Sponge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2003 15:21
I'll Have Go After I've entered the retro compo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:03:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:03:56