Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Advanced Terrain Problems please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everyone.

I just installed a DBPro from my CD, updated it to 5.8 and then activated it online, then updated the ide also. I downloaded the "Advanced Terrain Pack" from here :

http://files.thegamecreators.com/darkbasicprofessional/packs/Terrain_Expansion_Pack_Standard.exe

and the installation process offered me the option to register / activate it with my user deatils for these forums, which I did.

1. When I open dbpro I get that the advanced terrain has a "Certificate Valid for 7 days" - why is this?

2. When I try to run the example it compiles the exe, runs it, then exits without displaying anything. There are no error messages. DBpro appears to still be working perfectly but the Advanced Terrain commands don't work etc.

Sorry if this has been answered before but after searching the forums found loads of posts with conflicting information all about different dbpro patches and versions of the terrain system and its all very confusing

Thanks, Marie
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2005 00:18
There is no need to install the Advanced Terrain pack separately. The one you have installed is an older version.

Upgrade 5.8 contains the new version. Please reinstall upgrade 5.8 ( it will install terrain automatically ) and try running the example again. Everything should be fine then. Also with upgrade 5.8 there is no need to register the terrain pack.
9thlife
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh okay thanks, sorry about that, I presumed the sticky thread would be valid still

I'll try re-installing 5.8, if it doesn't work I'll post back, thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:17:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:17:46