Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / sound/music radius and fade options

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2005 06:32
Hey, it would be cool if when we made soundzones we could choose the max distance that you can here the music/sound from.
It would also be neat to have a fade option, in other words, if your right on top of where the sound is coming from (say a radio entity) you could go to the next room over and the music would be quieter, then what would be fabulous is if you shut the door and it got even quieter! You should also be able choose the volume (within the properties)

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Good idea!!

I'll be back, but only after i get my ice creem!
Nutbolt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2005 18:19
Bril idea.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 05:55
Verry.

I'm here for opperation ass-kicker!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2005 07:17
You can use the 3D sound command in FPSC
DUDE274
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats a great idea sunflash. uman, how do you use 3D sound command you mentioned (i'm not too good with scripting)
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2005 04:57
If you have a copy of the manual - then have a look through the list of commands. You should see one which says or relates to 3D sound usage - The manual explains briefly the command and what it does.

So as to make things simple - find a default FPSC script for an entity that uses a sound and copy it somewhere using a new name like - soundtest (best use an entity script which is not from a character) - open it in Notepad and find the line of script which tells the entity to play its sound. Simply update with the indicated command from the manual for making a sound 3D.

You can also use the volume, range and loop functions for instance to play ambient sounds and alike in specific locations that will of course fade in and out depending upon player proximity.

You can use a simple box entity for this, making it invisible and passable and place it in your chosen location attaching your 3D sound script to it - you wont need use a sound zone marker that way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 08:05:00
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 08:05:00