Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / terrain question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2005 08:11
I want to create a terrain or matrix and then make a mesh out of it

is there a command for this?

makemeshfromobject() is exactly what i want but that is for objects (or so the docs seem to say)
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2005 17:25
You can use dbMakeMeshFromObject on a terrain as internally it is treated like any other regular 3D object in the Basic 3D function set.
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 04:30
thanks
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 10:15
ok so heres the problem

Im making a small program to load up a heightmap as a terrain and then export it as a .x object. This is to be used to load terrain objects into cartography shop.

The problem Im having is the mesh it exports apparently has nothing to do with the terrain i am loading or the dbSaveMesh() command does nothing.

the terrain displays properly and such and I was reading a post on this forum about how you cant use dbMakeMeshFromObject() on very large terrains.

My approach was to read each limb out as an object and attach it as a limb on a new object.

here's my code

its more than likely just me not knowing how to use the commands but anyone have any ideas?
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 03:22
anyone done this before?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:00:45
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:00:45