Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / objects on fire

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2005 12:08
how do you make an entity appear on fire (as in flames shooting out)
Dory The Cable Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
its realy hard, but Merranvo should be able to script it.

I'll be back, but only after i get my ice creem!
socrates
Years of Service
User Offline
...or you could just use the decal of the flame by adding an entity>Entire Library>generic>Decals>fire and placing it near the object you want on fire.

"Who in their right mind would ever need more than 640k of ram!?"
-- Bill Gates, 1981
Riddles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 10:11
merranvo? please help
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 12:57
and you want it to move around. Or be stationary?

If it moves around you won't be able to accuratly predict where the enemy would be so the decal might move do a diffrent location then the enemy.

Otherwise you would just use the low level decal that is provided.

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 04:46
or you could try using the flamible distroy fpe as the main... *looks at Merranvo hping he will set me strait*

Riddles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 08:54 Edited at: 21st Jul 2005 08:55
can't you attach the entity to the enemy? like through code or something?
socrates
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe you can associate a decal with an entity. That's how weapons and ammo get there glow, if I'm not mistaken. Check out the weaponglow.fpi script that comes with fpsc:

All of the stuff in :state=0: sets up the HUD to display "picked up weapon" on the screen, but when it moves to state=10, the "rundecal=5" section makes it glow, right? I've found very little documentation on the rundecal command. Would it be possible to use rundecal to associate another decal like fire with an object like the glow decal is associated with the weapons in weaponglow.fpi?

-- Bill Gates, 1981
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 13:44
the scripting language revolves around the player... doing something for an entity is much harder, but for this case, you cant...

I don't know about that, CDBGames , I have never got the flammable.fpi to work... must be my computer.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2005 01:51
hmmmm, i'll try it l8r. my little brother is playing NFS8:U2, so i'm having to much fun watching him kill his carrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :-P

socrates
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured it out. It tested it, and yes, I saw the guy running around on fire. He didn't really look like he was on fire (maybe some clever animating?), but the decal was attached to him. I don't know how to alter it much more than this ( I haven't figured out how to change the height at which the fire starts, for instance)

change the fpe file of the object you want to be on fire to include the following lines:

...where [X] equals (total number listed? total number to be allowed at the same time?). Most entities don't have decals. Enemies have decals for shooting, and weapons and ammo have decals for glowing. Take a look at an enemie's fpe file and you'll see the decals and how they're set up. If there is more than one decal, Y will be the next highest number of the last decal listed.

Once you have that, enter this line in your fpi script where you want the entity to be on fire:

"Y" is the same number as before. [condition] can be "always" if you want it to always be on fire, no matter what STATE is.

NOTE: I couldn't get it to work unless I got rid of the other decals listed in the fpe file and replaced it. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but it worked when fire was the only decal listed.

-- Bill Gates, 1981
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2005 02:47
decal is an array, and like any array you need to set it's size. That is what decal max does. It sets the size of the array for the decals. HOWEVER, setting decalmax to a number greater then the number of decals present may cause problems.

Decals start at the number 0. so you would set your first decal to 0 and the array size to 0.

zniper monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2005 20:41
just go to entity mode, right click the entity, choose for its destroy (it's default is fadecorpse) "flammable"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:46:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:46:33