Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Error with running sample code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 23:22
Hello,

I was trying to compile a sample from the Dark Game SDK with Visual C++ .NET 2003. I installed the DX9.0b Debug/Retail Runtime, the basic DirectX SDK (different versions tested) and I can compile sucessfully! BUT ONE PROBLEM: The rendered screen doesn't show the objects correct and doesn't show any lights correct. So the "Light" example does not show the 3d scene and the light is a white "sphere", which leaves a trail...

Can someone tell me please why this happens? I want to change from DBPro to DarkGameSDK (C++ .NET), but I don't know how good it runs, so I cannot go on with DarkGameSDK...

Tom Taylor
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 23:33
Check the working directory in the release / debug tab of the compiler is pointing to the right place for the media.
Tom Taylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2005 23:36
Wow, this is a quick answer I will check this out. What path do I have to add? A path to the sample (root-)folder or direct to the media folder? Btw, if I try to run from the VC++ .NET IDE it tells me: "..\Bin\" ist not found.

Thank you

Tom Taylor
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 00:07
Set the working directory to "c:\program files\the game creators\dark game sdk\samples\bin".

As long as it is pointing to the bin directory in the samples folder all should be ok for you.
Tom Taylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2005 00:47
Pretty cool. Thank you Mike!

Tom Taylor

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 08:47:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 08:47:36