Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2005 23:38
Happy Friday! Are we just limited to 90 degree cubes to make our levels? I'd like some 45 degree or non 90 degree wall segments here and there as well as some curves or walls that slope inward as they go up. Ramps for floor and ceilings would also be cool.

The grid: is there any way to modify the size of the grid when placing segments? for instance, lets say I crate a 4 X 4 room at the default grid size, then Id like to place some square pillars in the middle of the room on a smaller grid with the segments about 1/4 the size of the regular segments.

Lights: Is there any way to change global ambience for the level or light intensity of the light markers? Is it possible to create negative lighting to darken areas? I couldn't seem to find any info on these in the manual.

thanks!

Lon
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 02:24
Unorthodox shapes are achieved by using entities (for walls or anything else) which you can rotate or place anywahere you like and they are not restricted to the grid size. The end result is the same as using any world object (wall, room, etc) which are restricted by the world grid/tile size. Ramps are available as default segment types or you can make your own.

You cannot change the grid size, but can put pillars or other objects anywhere you like by using the entity method as described above.

Lighting can be affected via the game settings and lights themselves have a range of settings that can influence the overall lighting ambience. You can have areas that are as dark as you want given human vision capabilities - almost black by using a combination of the available lighting capabilities mentioned.

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2005 03:34
Great! Thanks for the info uman. Since I'm only using the trial version and (at least its my understanding) I can't import models to create entities to test myself, does anyone have some screenshots showing the use of entites as level geometry? Id like to make sure I can do what I plan before buying the package. Also any shots of the editor with the imported enenties depicted in the editor?

p.s. while walking/running, is head bobbing possible in this engine? (no its not x-rated, you know what I mean )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 08:03:02
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 08:03:02