Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / To Big AAAAAH

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 12:16
So I have built a level 20x25x7 has 32 guys (indoor-outdoor) now i have come to a point where with shadeing it laggs so bad you cant play and not all the ai's work like they should (some do some dont)
i go to change out the gun i want to use but it crash's everytime i try to introduce a new entity at first i thought it was cause part was out side so i made another lvl twice the size all indoor and i DO get alot more speed out of it (thus what its built for) but I still cant load the lighting without being able to play.(long level spred out cause i noticed it trys to load across the map even though i have no windows)

so what i am asking is.... Is it just me or are these things that will be fixd in V1?

I currently dont see building a indepth level or a multi player lvl that would sufice a sniper match but i have faith that it will become a geart engine for all type of styles.

New is not always a bad thing...
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 12:57
I think this will be fixed, considering that I and a few of my friends that have FPSC have had the same problem.

To all Redwall fans...Cluny will rule the world!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2005 14:27
In V1, everything will be faster. I am still waiting on Rick's awnser if I can relise a vid of the new editor.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 01:09
yes, I'm having trouble like that two!

@Levits,
I saw your location "stealing Rewdalls tepestry" you vermin! lol and Cluny will not rule the world, he's dead under a bell, smashed into the very ground he tried to rule. lol.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

FPSC HEAR OUR PLEA, GIVE US MORE MODEL FORMATS AND SET US FREE!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 03:40
GET OUT OF THE FPSC FORUMS IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT REDWAL!!!

Go to the general talk, you n00bs

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 03:54
my god duke, you are generating quite a temper... And changing names very quickly... I wonder...

V1 is fixing MILLIONS of bugs, EA is really just a working BETA, V1 is the finished product.

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "V1 is the finished product"

to be more presise its a version of the finnished product, its very likely that there will be more versions but hey, you may be to lazy to type that
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2005 11:32
Well, if you REALLY want to be technical there is no "Finished Product" as the product will always change, in the hands of Lee, or in the hands of other people. Till death do we part.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:23
Merranvo, are you on the BETA team?

And I just felt like CDBGames wasnt good yet, cause I took the site down untill I had more stuff to put on it.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 04:34
???
No.. I can't handle the pressure of BETA teaming... I have to Obey teh Leeh and giveth my life to teh leeh for alls eternity.

I was talking about V1, not your site... or did I miss something... FPSC is an ever changing product, so it is not ever a "Final Product"... well... yeah...

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 05:21
I was just wondering.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 06:28
Don't you know who the BETA testers are? I thought you guys communicated together and what not.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 06:37
GrimIII,

Many of your problems have been encountered by others so no you are not alone.

No one knows quite exactly what V1 end up being like entirely as its still developing even in its Beta form.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 09:05
mm, not realy. See, we use are real names in BETA testing, so no one realy knows, untill we tell eachother the other ones screen name. I mean sometimes its obvious. Like with me or RobK or Eric T

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 10:49
Or me, GOD.

SoulMan
PS.... This is only a joke, I repeat....Only a Joke....There is no spoon Neo. It's a spork.

This is as backwards as is This
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 17:44
Hi Grim III, V1 does sort out lots and lots and lots of issues to do with slow downs, even I have been amazed at what Lee has managed to speed up (and I think he shocked himself when he noticed big slug like code taking all the time up). Send me your FPM file and I'll make sure Lee looks at it - rick@thegamecreators.com

Today I was making a game where Aiko was throwing bombs at me and she ended up blowing up crates near her which then took her out! V1 is so neat (and so not EA).

I also managed to blow up crates near her and other dynamic objects behind her fell down onto her head. She was still trying to kill me with a huge partition on her bonce.

I will make another demo next week when I have more to show. Lee's new system for spawning and firing dynamic objects is going to be sooooooo coooooool (lucky I begged Lee to add it in - he's my slave really). With this new system you can have volcanoes spewing out rocks etc. I've also asked Simon to make a few more objects (hope we can squeeze 'em in time).

OK, back to work (or is it back to game making fun)!

Rick

Commercial Director
TGC Team
[Read "The POWER of NOW by Eckhart Tolle". There is no past or future, only NOW!]
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 08:34 Edited at: 30th Jul 2005 08:34
And the BETA testers are Teh Lees slaves... and us common EA'rs are the BETA Testers's slaves... it all works out nicely...

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 10:01
Yup!! Now I get to tell you how to this and that, instead of tuther way round!

GrimIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2005 21:17
Ok sorry I have bin away a few days doing the web page and have not had time to reply I am glad that im not alone and I could probably post my levels on my site but I have not got that far cause I am in no way a perf webpage builder but I am trying

I will talk to my partner and see if he wants to release the lvls i have so far although they are very very slow to play and the ai's dont work for crap ( i have tried many many diff combinations the engine just cant run everything at once ) i think ...

I have a screen shot on our site but thats it.
(hope its ok if not let me know ill remove it it )

New is not always a bad thing...
pjb21
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "its a version of the finnished product"

as i said its a VERSION of the final product, i didnt ever say it was THE final product, it will always be updated (probably) lol.

just thought i'd say that.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:06:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:06:37