Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Feedback and a few questions..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 21:33
I've read through the information available both on the website and here in the forums. FPSC looks to be a pretty neat project, well done to you TGC guys. As a developer in other fields, i've always been interested in game development, but with a full-time job it's difficult to find the time to build an engine from the ground up. Due to this, I can truely appreciate tools that facilitate this for me, and get me right into the game design where I want to be.

I saw both of the v1 videos and was impressed with the features presented, though I do have a few questions concerning the multiplayer. Will the maximum players be 8? If so, will this number be increased in subsequent releases? Will a server browser be included? My primary interest is team-ased multiplayer gaming, so i'd love to be able to develop to that end.

Thanks in advance for any responses, and again nice work on FPSC so far.

-nefD
Programmer/Musician/Artist
"Once more, back into the fire"
nefarious D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 22:16
I\'ve read through the information available both on the website and here in the forums. FPSC looks to be a pretty neat project, well done to you TGC guys. As a developer in other fields, i\'ve always been interested in game development, but with a full-time job it\'s difficult to find the time to build an engine from the ground up. Due to this, I can truely appreciate tools that facilitate this for me, and get me right into the game design where I want to be.

I saw both of the v1 videos and was impressed with the features presented, though I do have a few questions concerning the multiplayer. Will the maximum players be 8? If so, will this number be increased in subsequent releases? Will a server browser be included? My primary interest is team-based multiplayer gaming, so i\'d love to be able to develop to that end.

Thanks in advance for any responses, and again nice work on FPSC so far.

-nefD
nefarious D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 22:58
Sorry for the double post. The forums wont let me edit any posts due to "Unknown System Error. Sorry but I have to abort now. Please try again later.".

-nefD
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 23:42
why the double post?

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
nefarious D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2005 23:58
See post above; forums wouldnt let me edit, and when I submitted my changes it added as a new post. Sorry

-nefD
Unknown 005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 01:51
i agree, i am going to buy it when V1 comes out...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 08:29
nefarious D.

Your a noob. and TGC has features to prevent noobs from gaining power. One of these is the "you can't edit, or get instant posts, until so in so time has pasted and so in so posts have been achieved".

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 09:58
This is true.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
nefarious D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 19:21
Heh. Yea, in my noob-status i'm stripped of most of my board rights

Anyone have any idea about my questions though? I tried to look for the answers elsewhere on the forum here but I didn't come up with much.

-nefD
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 20:25
Reads Lee's Diary...

Nothing much in here... however there is a little section that says that the maximum players DirectX Protocol can handle is 255...

server browser... I am pretty sure that Lee is making Peer to Peer, so you will probally need the IP adresses...

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
nefarious D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2005 21:26
Thanks for the response. It is disheartening to hear of no server browser, but I guess i'll just have to wait to v1 to see how that pans out.

-nefD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:02:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:02:55