Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Hello from the New Guy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I have a small problem. I have been hired by a large University Medical Center to create a FPS style training simulation to teach students how to treat and diagnos patients.

They have set me up with a small team, powerful computers, and Maya 6.5 for modeling. They want me to find the right game engine.

I have download the trial version of FPS-Creator and was hooked after 5 minutes. This project has huge commercial prospects. Can something like this be down with FPS-Creator?

Being new, I need a lot of help.

Thanks
Unknown 005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 22:35
I'm pretty new too, but i know enough about fpsc to say you could if you wanted to. what type of training tho?
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2005 22:50 Edited at: 1st Aug 2005 23:29
Hello Manster,

Welcome to the TGC forums.

Lots can be done with FPSC. You should wait for v1 for it is a lot more stable and more can be done with it. Plus, in v1 you can sell your games/programs without a commercial license. There will also be an ODE(www.ode.org) physics engine in v1. Online multi player will be in v1 also. You should probably learn the ropes of the scripting system cus you can do many more things. There is a maual in the EA on all of the commands. Right now FPSC only accepts .X files for models. If you haven't already been to the official site you should go there(www.fpscreator.com). You will be able to find some other info there and watch the videos of what the updates in v1 are. According to what =ChrisB= there could be vehicals in v1. If you are looking to get an amazing peice of software for olny $56 us dollers(plus shipping if you get v1 via mail) First Person Shooter Creator is the thing to get.

Hoped this helped,
DA ChieF
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 02:45
Hallo new guy

Toshiba,3.2Ghz,ATI Radeon 9000 IGP 128mb,1.2gig of Ram,Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com

SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2005 16:17
FPSC is much more than what it seems at first.

If you can learn to script, this training tool may be possible.

However, on the other hand, something like DarkBASIC Pro (also from this company) may be easier for this unorthadox game, as it is more free-ended. You will need to learn how to program with it, though.

However, for good graphics and such, FPSC is the program for you.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
rabogreen
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you'd end up banging your head on that one. fpscreator makes fps games, not really training simulations or VR. My suggestion is quest3d (www.quest3d.com). Since you're in a University environ, go to www.studica.com and get the edu version for cheap (relative $280 vs $10-$15K). It's more expensive than something like dbpro, fpscreator or gamestudio (sorta) but you'll be much happier from a training simulation standpoint.

rabogreen
Darth Vad3r
Years of Service
User Offline
A training simulation? Sounds Worthwile. But if it has commercial aspects, then you're out of luck. You have to wait for Version 1 to commercilize your game.

"You Don't Know the Power, of the Dark Side" -Vader
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 04:28
bashers...

FPSC can do a training simulation, but it requires EXTENSIVE scripting.

You can ask game companies if you can mod their game engines, that always works if you don't want to build the engine.

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 08:13:57
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 08:13:57