Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Please can someone post multiplayer game designing content ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 18:49
Hi,
Please could anyone post a video/screenshot/ -or best of all a game!- of what multiplayer cames made on FPSC look like?
Do you have to have a "master server" to list all the servers or is it by direct IP connection only?
I would like to know how this is done,
Thanks in advance,
James

This post was made by a member of JE Creations, duh!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 20:30
Use the search feature...
Read the Stikys...
Become a ROCK STAR...

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 21:05
It is (so far) only IP connect. And I was going to relise a game, but Rick said no at the last miniute, so... but I think I can relise a vid. Maby I'll get him and lee online and we'll have a party!

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
JamesEvs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 21:39
Ok, thnx for all your replies!

JamesEvs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 21:49
It's a pain that you cant show a list of servers like most online games do ...(do you link this will be added?) also what about in-game chat with text - is that enabled?

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 22:04
Chris... if you technically had already uploaded the file, and someone technically had downloaded that file, before rick said no. then they could distribute that file under false premisies but you couldn't be held liable...

Just a thought.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 22:31
Yea, true.... I don- OOOOOH!!! Hmmm, well, what an- no, JK.

And text? yea, I think so.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 22:56
So did you technically upload it long enough for another person to technically have downloaded it? So they can technically distribute it?

Cretinous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 23:08 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2005 23:09
[EDIT] sorry ignore this message!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 23:23
Well, no.

SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2005 23:35
Merranvo,
Chris is under an NDA. If he had uploaded the test multiplayer game in any shape or form, he would have broken the NDA and TGC would have gone after him.
Pure and Simple. Break the rules, pay the fine.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 00:49 Edited at: 4th Aug 2005 00:50
And then I relise ALL the BEtA files, mess them up, upload viruses, go on an internet domination rampage and take over TGC with Merranvo .

JK, I mean no harm to TGC. (thats a mini disclamer)

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 00:52
The NDA is indeed a legal contract cos it got a persons x on it and can hold up in any court of law except maybe where there aint any.

Besides you dont want to upset the big boys now do you?

MP text in com = Yes

MP in V1 is basically straight forward and simpe one on one or seven on one if you gang up on someone and in some theory you do have at least a possibility of having more than one game listed to join if there are more than one available.

MP via the web I have personally not yet had the opportunity to test out so cant say technically how exactly it will work as the information detail is not available to me - you would have to ask TGC for further details or read in more detail anything thus far published for an interpretation of what will be possible. TGC may have plans for the MP interface to provide more in future that may yet not be implimented. Currently I just look at the interface and wonder why its all there.......

I have only tested across internal LAN with 2 computers and in that instance connection is not by choice of active game name and other details listed but by manual insertion of the local IP address one machine to another. This IP is returned automatically internally by the game .exe so its as easy as could be to get your connection. Its possible the current in game MP interface will change before the full release I cant really say.

Thats the best light I personally can throw on the subject currently
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 01:08
I know that, I was just joking around... it is kinda fun...

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 01:16
Merranvo,

I know that - thats what I was doin - have you not noticed my posts. I am trying to lighten up the conversation. Can you believe that?

Thought you would have mirrored my post "Umans Diaries" by now.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 01:26 Edited at: 4th Aug 2005 06:02
Yeah... it is just so difficult when people get brainwashed overnight, I wish they would do it over time, that way it is easy to get use to .

Yeah, I remeber that... was still a bit upset at the shenanagens going on at the $11 lost thread, too many people are "being idiots" in that thread, all this "We are EA'rs, we deserve to get specaltiys." Annoyied the hell out of me... will get back to reading Umans Diarys...

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 03:28
shenanagens,

What a lovely word, sounds like a pub, restaurant or computer game name........you've not copywrited (or trademarked) it have you?

Boy am I on form tonight or what?

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 03:33
No... I am tk'ing it... muhahahahaha, so, you have taken the soul out of Soul Man and inserted it into your own.... that laugh belongs to you!

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 03:58
Quote: "too many people are smoking crack in that thread,"

There you go again, accusing people of being crack heads, you really have a fascination about crack, makes me wonder what that could be, you seem to know how people act when using crack, but I bet you didn’t know a good friend of mine lost his life to crack did you.

Toshiba,3.2Ghz,ATI Radeon 9000 IGP 128mb,1.2gig of Ram,Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 05:53
you also have a obsession. Qouteing me saying that otherpeople are not in their right minds, and that those people keep sudjesting ideas that are only greedy children ideas.

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 06:04
Whatever you say, I realize you are a very intelligent and articulate person, that I could not possibly compete with.

Toshiba,3.2Ghz,ATI Radeon 9000 IGP 128mb,1.2gig of Ram,Windows XP Home. www.aoneweb.com

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 06:07
thank you. Merranvo walks out with nine toilet paper rolles attached to his shoes.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 07:44
Hey!! I sniff coke all the time, or atleast I try to. Its just the icecubes usualy get in the way.

JamesEvs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 12:04 Edited at: 4th Aug 2005 18:45
Ok I think this has gone way off topic ...
(edit) (I've just read the topic through)I think this thread has gone on long enough, I don't want anyone to get offended or anything ... my questions have been answered now.

This post wast made by JamesEvs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:10:59
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:10:59