Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Image Organizer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This may seem pretty useless in a way, but it's kinda convenient...and I haven't touched programming in a long time so I'm just happy it works. I had a Canon digital camera for a while that would put about 100 images into one directory on the card, now I have a Panasonic that puts 1000 or something. So, I end up with badly named directories with too many random files in there. This takes those files and copies them to a destination directory. It makes new directories based on the dates of the files from your camera. So, just go to the directory called whatever day and there's the files. It also copies recursively, so if you have a bunch of directories with files in them that are badly organized (Like I had), it will dig through all of them and put them into the new directory nicely. It also only grabs JPGs, so if you store other stuff on your card it will ignore anything else.

If anyone has any ideas for new features, let me know. I plan on putting in user selectable extension filtering, but don't know what else. The version of it that I use actually is running on a computer here with no mouse/keyboard/monitor plugged into it, so it is set up to be an autorun. You plug in a card and it recognizes whose it is and puts the files into their directory and you don't even have to touch anything. To make it like that I had several things hard coded into it, so it only works for me. I'm going to set it up so that those things can be changed and it can work like that for anyone, at which point it will be more useful. Anyway, let me know what you think would be good, and if there's any issues with it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mike P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2005 00:43 Edited at: 6th Aug 2005 00:46
Its a nice start. I can see it working out just like DB Dreamer. What I mean is: it starts off as a bit of an experiment and turning out to be a nice little thing to have, but then after a bit of work it turns into a nice big program which is actually useful and people will want to download.

For the moment, it should have:
-an exit button
-more options
-image viewing
-maybe some simple image manipulation

then it will become worthwhile.

Here is a screenshot:

IBSE - God We're Good

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Catalyst
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll put an exit button into it. The image viewing was something I was thinking about, like having a thumbnail of the current image being copied maybe. Need to test that to see if it slows it down too much, though it would also probably click by too fast. Maybe just load an image and hold it for a few seconds while others are copying, then grab the next one so you basically end up seeing every 10th picture or something. It's the options part I'm needing help on, I can't really think of much to add to it. I will be adding an auto copy function, so it can just be minimized to the system tray and automatically copy whenever a card is plugged in. But aside from that, any ideas on more features would be great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:28:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:28:41