Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Taking made in EA into V1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 18:55 Edited at: 4th Aug 2005 18:58
(EDIT) Title correction "Taking content made in EA into V1"

Hi everyone,
Would it be possible to create a map/level with objects, rooms, enemies etc. in the EA edition then, when EA users recieve their upgrade to V1, import the level, add physics to the objects/make it multiplayer etc.
Is this possible?
Can anyone let me know?
Thanks in advance,
James

This post wast made by JamesEvs.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 19:40
Read the Translations of Lee's Diary...

Execellent Read, by far the most informative thread yet -merranvo
Great choice for getting the bones out of Lee's Diary -merranvo
Great Scott, I have never seen such brilliance -merranvo
Some one should make this a sticky -merranvo

Blasting, Shooting, and Maiming. Aspects of Modern Gamming.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 19:48
At the moment, I don't think there is cross compatibility. I'm pretty sure its planned for V1.

Formerly I was CDBGames, and formerly to that i was Duke Nukem, and even more formerly to that
I was Punk Rock 101. Got it?
JamesEvs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2005 19:57
Ok thnx 4 the replies,

I read some of Merranvo's thread the found this - "Today I worked on bringing EA backwards compatibility support to V1."

So hopefuly it will be availble,
Thanks again,
James

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 03:07
I would suggest from now until V1 release it would be best if you are starting new level building at this stage that you leave out any unessessary entity and keep everything else as simple as possible from a world object perspective - building just the bear bones......until futher clarrification of the situation.

Much of the real content, media, user scripts etc have been and are still being progressively updated - to build in support for the new features and functions. Therefore in many instances there is a considerable difference (not visually of course) between the program and the content which make up EA and that of V1.

As said this results in a compatibility differential which is constantly changing even in the V1 Beta form - Beta to Beta.

Many users including myself have many months hard work invested in creating levels with EA. Compatibilty between EA and V1 would be a very desirable objective to say the least.

Lets hope it happens.
cardine
Years of Service
User Offline
Though I'd like backward compatability, I'm going to start completely over with everything when V1 is released.

My-Free-Coupons.com
CardineHosting.com
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 05:53
If you do want to keep your previous work - you may well be able to do so - if there is enough compatibility then your levels may open OK - though you may have to go through everything and update - remove perhaps entities and alike and then reinsert them so FPSC updates everything correctly or errors may occur. In truth we dont yet know - by that I mean - only TGC may know at this stage.

Projects from EA may well work fine - they may not - Again for those that wish to progress with what they have already prdouced with EA then I do hope so of course - Let it be so

JamesEvs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2005 11:01 Edited at: 5th Aug 2005 11:02
Ok ... well I'm sure we will soon find out

Matinuker
Years of Service
User Offline
calm cheeky confused cool! cry evil paranoid speechless slurp too much PC! ponder ogre alien ninja bandit beardy dead devious ditsy pooh!
embarrassed glasses grin happy jaguar knocked-out laugh mad cross eyed pirate scared first blood smoker

Paf

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:07:54
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:07:54