Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Title Screen Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 08:06
Does ne one know exactly what you would have on the title screen in a V1 Game? Right now I am thinking it is this:

New Game
Multiplayer
Load Game
Options

Not really sure, but thats what I am thinkin.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 19:58
multi-plr is a seprate exe. Thus will not be included on the main screen.

I haven't heard that much on saving, we need this, but it is still underdevelopment (seriouly, you guys don't understand the complexity of a save game... you have to save your health, enemys health, your location and weapons, enemys location and weapons + ALL enemy's location and health. Some games go an extra step and save blood spatter. Saving is a VERY big array. Doing it effeicntly is a problem)

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2005 20:40
Agreed. In fact, some of my games take a long time to make just because of the Save/Load function.

Treetops and Timber!
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2005 21:22
You could always make a quickstart-application inThe Games Factory or any other similar program. That's what I'm gonna do when I get my FPSC games together.

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
Graucus
Years of Service
User Offline
Why not give games check points and then they could be loaded at the last crossed checkpoint w/ full health or whatever. and strategically place them after big battles so people don't abuse them to cheat past them. You could make an activation point (forgot what they're called) to save a new start point. Would that work?

What's the best thing you can say in this space?
MaddA ChieF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2005 01:44
Quote: "You could always make a quickstart-application inThe Games Factory or any other similar program. That's what I'm gonna do when I get my FPSC games together. "

I didn't know you could do that with TGF. I've made tons of games with that. How do you get it to lauch an exe?

Thanks

Need a cool logo or banner for your game? Need deviders or buttons for your web site?
Just email me or you can reach me on the forums almost anytime.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 09:59:56
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 09:59:56