Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. Me and my friend might make a game. We got the levels planned out and everything. After we make the levels in FPSC, how do you make it exe with all the levels and such?

Currently I am using Installtion Shield 11. I know that I can make it install but I cant figure out how to make it exicutable.

I want to beable to do the following:
1. Install the game I make with all levels.
2. Have it run by itself(The computer it gets installe don doesent have to have FPSC.
3. Beable to have shortcut keys.

Hope you guys can help me. It'll be really nice if I can mkae my own game with a setup and have it run by itself(Without the computer having FPSC instaled on it). Thank you.

Ediseye
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 18:16
man, here's a lot of things you must know...

1. To make it as an executable, you must go on File > Build Game
Set the settings and build it.

2. Make your installer

3. Be able to have shortcut keys? What do you mean?

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok.... I was planning on using InstallShield. I know I have to buy it and all that. And by shortcut keys, I mean like a shortcut icon on the desktop and a little folder with stuff in it in the start menu(All programs, etc) Can I do this? Thanks for the help.

Ediseye
Deadwords
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 06:30
Directly in Install Shield. If this 1000$ program cannot do this, it's really a piece of sh** lol. My unregistrated version of Install Creator can do shortcuts and Start Menu folders.

=-{SKaleX}-= Current Projects: -Insane Killer-=-Chaos Zone-
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. I hope that I will beable to do this overtime.

In version 1 of FSPCreator, I want to have multiplayer on a game. Will I have to buy/rent a server just to do this or does my computer always have to be on or something??? Please respond ASAP. Thanks.

Ediseye
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
How would I do multiplayer??? Anyone know???

Ediseye
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 00:29 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 00:32
Calm down, fella.
As for your questions, from what I've heard, you won't have to buy/rent a server. It's kind of like Doomsday/jDoom, you host from your computer and the others join up. That's what I've been told at least.

One thing to look forward to:
The day FPSC v 1 is released
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 00:47
Yes - As long as you have purchased version of FPSC - you make your MP game and distribute it to anyone you want to play. FPSC will give you your ISP's. You start a game and anyone else who has the same game on their machine will see you as a host when they run their version of your game and can choose to join. Thats it in a simple explanation. i.e. games have to be exactly the same in the same location on each machine, games have to mirror on each or you could get problems in one finding the other - common sense really.

Dont worry too much its easy to understand once you see it in action on your computer. It could not have been made any easier to play MP - even I can do it.

Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys.

Ediseye
Kuwito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 11:41
The best free installer 4 ever !!
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I make all my install with this. Is really very good.

(This is my first post, hellow to some)
Note: Sorry with my english, i only speak spanish

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:30:19
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:30:19