Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Scale Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 20:09
Hi !

I created an enemy model and wanted to get it into fpsc. now this model is much too small. why ? it looks like a mice or something. I have replaced the naz_bazooka model with mine. also, it always faces the player. And it has got no texture. HELP !

yeah...thats the ticket !
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 20:42
You will just have to experiment. I ran into the same type of problem using Milkshape. I imported one of the wall segments from FPSC to see what size it was for future reference. I altered its thickness a bit and exported it out as a .x model. When I opened it in the segment editor it was tiny. It looked to me to be about 1/10 the original size. I rescaled the wall segment in Milkshape 1000% (10X1) and opened that one up in the segment editor. Sure enough, it was correct. So now I know what the size of an imported wall segment is in milkshape. I just have to model everything else 10x1 in relation to that wall size so that the exported .x models will be correct size once rendered in FPSC.

Lon
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 21:07
okay , i fixed it a minute ago. you dont even have to change it in milkshape. i tried this too but there werent any changes. just open the fpi ( i think fpI ) file of the model and change the scale parameter. 400 worked fine for me
but now ,
ANOTHER PROBLEM !

I made my model in Sofimage XSI, then exported it to OBJ with materials ...and then opened this in milkshape. So far all is okay. Then i saved it in X Format as NAZ_ZOOKA ( in the characters directory ) ...but the model dont have a skin in fpsc. how is skinning handled in fpsc ?

i mean, is there any program which does this automatically ? or ...just....how do you make it ?

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2005 22:32
Just make a copy of the texture you used in milkshape for your model skin as a tga file and put it in a directory called Mytextures under texturebank. Open the fpi file for your model and reference the texture with the correct path. I think that will fix it.
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 13:21
no that didnt work. its just untextured *gets mad*

Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 15:07 Edited at: 9th Aug 2005 15:13
I don't think we can bring in new characters with the EA version, you can only bring in static entities. With V1 I think it will be possible though. Anyway, with characters it seems you put your tga file in the same directory as your x file and fpe file in the characters folder. open and look at the colonel x fpe and you will see it simply references a tga texture. FPSC will create a dds (fpsc texture file) automatically. I've never tried to bring in new characters yet. I noticed that all the characters have a dbo file relating to them. Im not sure how you create or what these are.
Mr Flowerkohl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2005 16:03
its just not working......

GrimIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2005 02:41
Did you uv map the modle?

New is not always a bad thing...