Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Computer eating hard disk space.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I got the warning that my hard drive space has fallen below the minimum. So I deleted a gig of information from the recycling bin.
I then look at my Disk space and it showed that I had 1.02GB of free space.

Now every 30 seconds of so the free space drops until it gets all the way down to 10.0KB.

Does anyone knows whats going on here? I update norton's anti-virus through live update and did the scan and it said there was no virus.

I don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2003 20:08
yeah this is most likely you hard disk is so fragmented the Page Flip memory is filling up quickly...

run Scandisk and Defrag Disk ( defrag around 3x to actually get a full defrag, for some reason XP Defrag decides never fully defrag :/ )

if that all fails, backup your work and reinstall because it'll be likely there is a new virus on there that Norton can't detect on its own.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
JoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! It seems like the defrag did the job.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2003 03:32
(^_^) anytime

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:10:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:10:01