Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [Cinco de Maya] Red Tide: Uber Pwnage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2005 23:51 Edited at: 12th Aug 2005 23:52
Well it's finished... sort of :- Word to the wise, always reread the compo ending date. (only this morning found the deadline was today)

So... here's the file: http://hawkeye.dbspot.com/downloads/red_tide.rar You'll need WinRar to open it...

Controlls, instrutions, and all manner of jellys and yummy pasteries are in the readme contained in the download.

Stuff I dearly wish I'd thought of before uploading:
opening vocal (the guy was supposed to say, "bring it on zombie cone things!" when it started)
More weapons...
Multiple levels...
and in general, more time. If you poke around in the folders, you'll find a song and a smattering of sfx that never got used, and that was with me cleaning out everything before uploading.

Still haven't decided if I wanna keep working on this or not, there's a lot I wish I'd done but now that it's quasi-over I'm not sure if I want to go back and fix it or not. Have to wait and see.

Greetz go to Peter_ for the sombero model, Merravo for testing and staying with me, and myself for being such a brilliant chap and making this in the first place

Anyway, cheers to all the cinco compo entrants! Hope there's more than just me, heh

p.s. bug reports/suggestion are more than welcome, but don't expect anything more than a pat on the back (no cookies today!)

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 04:07
Wow, I knew that the cinco compo was pwnt by the puzzle compo, but com'on...

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2005 14:24 Edited at: 14th Aug 2005 14:55
This must sureley be one of the coolest games made in DBPro. I like the quite impressive physics, and the fast-paced gameplay is awesome! It runs smoothly, and I will be playing this one for a while

Just one teeny tiny thing I noticed: If you reload the shotgun after only fireing one shot, you have to reload all the bullets. If you know what I mean?

I hope you will keep on working with this game.

[EDIT] There's also a bug when you die, and start a new game. The app crashes, and you have to restart the whole game.

*** PANZERGAMES ***
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 00:57
Wow, thanks for great feedback The shotgun reloading sound, hmm yes I had been planning to make that dynamic, but failed and left it at 6. Menu bug, I spent about 10 minutes trying different things but gave up on it.

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 06:32
pretty fun game! nice use of Newton... for being out so long, you'd think there'd be more stuff using it.

anyway I enjoyed the game, it's a shame the timing with the puzzle compo, no seems to have noticed this one.

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Kurai kaji
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2005 15:55 Edited at: 15th Aug 2005 15:55
its a relly cool game...
but... wen you lose... and try to play again it's shot the progarm down but its a cool game...

remember how it is to live...
or you will die..
Dark Version- The fire army.
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2005 14:30
Thanks walaber, night mist Jimmy seems to have forgoten about the compo as well still haven't seen all entries for download/reviewing, maybe I'm teh only one.. hehe

thinkdigital
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2005 01:14 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2005 01:14
Hawkeye, nice.

P.S. A completely irrelevant note: I believe the "Cinco de Maya" is incorrect, it ought to be "Cinco de Mayo", as Mayo means May, and Maya was a native american tribe...
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 20:40 Edited at: 24th Aug 2005 20:48
unfortunately i had to sacrifice my Cinco De Mayo game for my puzzle one ...(oh, and i wouldn't have had to except i started to use fizz 2d then found out it was royaly messed up )

Downloading...

[edit] Haha! that was great! it had a good atmosphere...even if they were cones sweet menu graphics and sound effects...+teh music pwned...

oh and the sombrero models were spectacular

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 21:07
Quote: "anyway I enjoyed the game, it's a shame the timing with the puzzle compo, no seems to have noticed this one."

Yeah it's a real SHAME. Just like the JFK assassination... a SHAME.

Hawkeye, you need to do your duty and get on MSN.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2005 21:26 Edited at: 24th Aug 2005 22:02
Thanks for commentz0rz Menu, sfx, and music all had some special attention, too bad the rest of it was rushed...

LMAO jimmy And I did get on msn, but my internet kept borking out...

[edit]

BaZko
Years of Service
User Offline
That was realy funnnnnnnnn!!!!!
I played a few times
Good job!
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 20:53
I just wanna know, will you keep on working with this game?

*** PANZERGAMES ***
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2005 22:32
Nice game.
Flindiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 16:51
This game totally kicks rear! your music is like so awesome, and the cylinders are totally funny. It DOES need more levels though...

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2005 17:39
Tis' highly adictive...i can only get to level 5 so far though.
One annoying thing is that if you are killed and try to start a new game it crashes out.

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2005 19:57
Yeah, I've poked around a bit for that bug and for some reason it always crashes, even after deleteing all the objects and flushing the video memory Quite annoying, I've actually gotten a bit addicted to my own game as well

I'll probally keep working on the engine, since it's so sexaaaay, but using it in a different game.

Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2005 21:54
Sounds nice!

Get TreeMagik HERE!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:33:33